GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A-Level and AS Level Results"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/08/05 at 23:54
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
Hope it goes well for everyone

*gets nervous*
Thu 18/08/05 at 22:47
Regular
"gsybe you!"
J Nash wrote:
> I'm good at History and English, but crap at maths. I'd hardly say I'm
> unintelligent though.
Thu 18/08/05 at 22:46
Regular
I'm good at History and English, but crap at maths. I'd hardly say I'm unintelligent though.
Thu 18/08/05 at 22:44
Regular
"the burning sky"
J Nash wrote:
> I think history is quite accepted becuase it shows you're good at
> assimilating lots of information and commiting it to memory..or
> something.
>
> Whereas with a high level of maths is quite often too
> complicated to be of that much use in a lot of jobs.

Well I suppose it depends on what you're best at, but in no means can you dismiss high level of maths as being of no use in any jobs. My Uncle works in telecom and is literally surrounded by employees with high level maths degrees. Also if you take your point of view further, yes History may mean you may have a good memory, but surely a decent degree in Mathematics is much more credible in regards intelligence.
Thu 18/08/05 at 22:39
Regular
Tomm wrote:
> I'd think it's the opposite. I mean history is exactly what it says
> on the tin. I'd think Maths is more relevant as it actually deals
> with things in the present, and can be linked with any number of
> technological careers...

I think history is quite accepted becuase it shows you're good at assimilating lots of information and commiting it to memory..or something.

Whereas with a high level of maths is quite often too complicated to be of that much use in a lot of jobs.

But then, i'm no careers adviser, i'm just trying to remember from what was said to me years ago.
well, a year.
Thu 18/08/05 at 22:36
Regular
"the burning sky"
J Nash wrote:
> History is quite a widely accepted qualification, whereas Maths is
> fairly specific.

I'd think it's the opposite. I mean history is exactly what it says on the tin. I'd think Maths is more relevant as it actually deals with things in the present, and can be linked with any number of technological careers...
Thu 18/08/05 at 22:35
Regular
"Not a Jew"
History is about the only thing I excel at, as well as Geography. Only thing I can get in that (apart from teaching) is archaeology. And jobs there are hard to find. A large part of wanting it though is to travel to different countries, know a girl who got a job in Cyprus. pay isn't the best either, and tbh money is quite important to me, at this stage, anyway.
Thu 18/08/05 at 22:34
Regular
History is quite a widely accepted qualification, whereas Maths is fairly specific.
Thu 18/08/05 at 22:29
Regular
"the burning sky"
Goatboy wrote:
> But maths...unless they want to be maths teachers?

smedlos wrote:
> Don't really think there's any point taking a degree in maths - what
> you going to do after it? Become a Matchs teacher is about all you
> can do. Agreed Maths is a solid base for a lot of other subjects,
> Physics, Chemistry, Computing but on it's own its pretty useless.

monkey_man wrote:
> I think an entire degree in it would kill me - there'd be hardly any
> practical

I got asked that very same questionss during a drunken afternoon/evening. I'm doing a Maths/Computing course and have always found both the subjects fascinating. TBH i dont care where it takes me, I'm interested in those subjects and can always lead to pretty good jobs other that teaching, and thats the reason I'm taking computing with it.

Stryke wrote:
> Edit: But maths is balls, I had to do a stats module for my course
> and it's awful. I just want to cut up animals and plant seeds, me.

You're gonna have that opinion if you did stats. Give me Alegebra or Matrices etc anyday, even Mechanics.

Stryke wrote:
> But the 'traditional' degrees like History and the Sciences will be
> worth more.

History? You have to be kidding?
Thu 18/08/05 at 22:26
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Thats what i thought.

Thats why when i got a B and i knew i couldnt improve on it i didnt bother doing the re-sit even though my teacher put me in for it without telling me.

Now it seems that they have only taken the re-sit score (which is 0 because i didnt do it) and that made my overall grade a C when it should have been an A.
Thu 18/08/05 at 22:24
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Yeah.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.