GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"England loosing 3-0 to Denmark"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/08/05 at 20:33
Regular
"Hot Gun On Ma Waist"
it just happened the danes scored three in a row in under 5 mins

why.........?
Thu 18/08/05 at 10:22
Regular
"Baros!!!"
That's put me off thinking we were going to win the World Cup. I can't beleive we lost 4-1. I know it's only a friendly, but still, 4-1?
Thu 18/08/05 at 10:03
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
Double post..so to conclude Glen Johnson couldn't take the ball off an ashmatic grandma!
Thu 18/08/05 at 10:03
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
I still agree with Hansen when he said, if you are going to change one of the midfielders why not bring on Carrick, who was good in the USA, to see if he can play the holding role with Gerrard or Lampard playing more advanced.

How many times can Hargreaves look average playing for England. I cant really see what Sven learn't from last night...James is prone to errors...knew that!
Gerrard/Lampard are only really effective when they are up for it (not important in the context of a competitive game but still..)...Knew that as well!

And finally Glen Johnson is rubbish! He might be young, playing for Chelsea and be able to do more tot-ups than Gary Neville! But nothing can diguise his startling defensive frailties! I know we havent got much cover in that position, but nothing would worry me more than seing us begin our World cup finals campaign with Mr Johnson at full back (unless it was me!).
Thu 18/08/05 at 09:59
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Joe Cole is a decent player but I really dont think he is a winger, he's best when coming inside and taking people on, so I don't know who else can try there, Thompson of Celtic maybe? but he seems to get overlooked for someone like Hargreaves, which is again pathetic.

I really don't think England have an alternative 'better' goalkeeper than Robinson, he is still pretty decent in goal but competition for that position has totally dried up.

James is even worse reserve keeper than he is No 1. Just reading skysports website and he's admitting to not being prepared for coming on in the second half, for someone trying to become No 1 again he's not making much of an effort. Robert Green would probably try harder, yet he's over looked.
Thu 18/08/05 at 09:49
Regular
SWP couldn't have played, he was injured. And I'd imagine Sven is trying to refine his World Cup team, and goalkeeper is one of the positions he hasn't decided on, really. I mean, neither James nor Robinson is really good enough for the rest of the team. The only other position up for grabs in the entire team is probably Joe Cole's left-hand role.
Thu 18/08/05 at 09:43
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
It's fair to say Demark wanted it a lot more than England (who were made to look pathetic) Rooney was the only one who looked like he was bothered.

What I don't understand is why not give a chance to young fringe players rather than 'has beens' like David James? he was woeful and Sven knows this, so why not try someone else? I can't believe that in a friendly players like SW Phillips do not get an oppotunity to start the game.

A 4-1 loss does not bode well for the world cup and is embarrassing to say the least.
Thu 18/08/05 at 01:09
Regular
"0228"
Sven's competitive record is pretty good. Only three losses: Brazil, France, and Portugal. All were tough teams and none of the losses can be blamed on Sven really.

The Brazil game was lost due to a freak goal, the France game was lost due to one bad back pass by Gerrard, and the Portugal game was lost on penalties. Also, we won that game, the ref was just a bit dim.
Thu 18/08/05 at 00:51
Regular
SHEEPY wrote:
> Sven is an awful manager

I don't think that's fair, given his lazy attitude to friendlies.

What he needs is simply people who can work with him to form a strong management team. Mourinho and the England players have praised him for his meticulous tactical preparation for competitive games (obviously this goes missing when the word "friendly" crops up), so there we have a strong aspect.

Where he's weak is when it comes to mid-game touchline management and motivation. In my eyes, he'd be better off having someone like Stuart Pearce or Sir Bobby Robson as his assistant - someone who lives for the here-and-now of the game - and so this would obviously complement him well. The motivation problem can be solved simply by selecting an inspirational and influencial captain - which is why I would favour Gerrard for the role above Terry. Terry would be vice-captain, organising the defence, while Gerrard would set the tone for the entire team.

I really see no reason why Beckham should keep the arm-band. Also, if Gerrard is given that power, when Becks strays inside Stevie can tell him to sod off back to right wing :)
Thu 18/08/05 at 00:00
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Cared enough to set the record straight. And just out of interest which record would it be? B 52's - Love Shack? Prince - Kiss? Wham - Club Tropicana?
Wed 17/08/05 at 23:53
Regular
"Hot Gun On Ma Waist"
Ok to set the record straight, when im typing my reviews i actually want to win so i put effort into them. However when posting i dont make the efort as posts are really not important. I dont even need to explain myself to the likes of you and as a matter of fact i dont really care what you think!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.