GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Revolution specs..?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/08/05 at 12:19
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
You've more then likly sread this somewhere already but...

Two 1.8ghz G5 based cpus
600mhz ATI gpu with 12mb onboard
128mb 1tsram
256mb dram

These specs came from What I hear are good sources, that where on the nail with 360 /PS3 info. If they are near the truth then it doesent sound that bad really (for the guts of it anyway). But one thing, if ATI have made that graphics part for consoles why isnt the 360 using it?
Sat 13/08/05 at 20:47
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Hedfix wrote:
> I laughed exactly 0 times.

Oh wait I forgot to add that instead of RAM it'll be using Virtual RAM from the HardDrive! What a good idea! Huh, Hedfix?
Sat 13/08/05 at 20:44
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> Hey guys I got these Revolution specs from a guy at Chomsky games!
> Check it out he says it's from the Rev Dev Kits Kev:
>
> 2x AMD NFX59 4800MHz modified 256bit CPU centred on a board with 4x
> surrounding slave PPUs at 2700MHz each
> 1x ATI Crossfire 9200 GPU core clocked at 1200MHz with 48 pixel
> pipelines and 20 vertex pipelines and 15 unified pipes, directly
> linked to the CPU array by a 40GB/sec pipe
> 40GB multi-purpose 1T SRAM arranged in a circle around the processor
> ICEQ liquid gas cooling systems
> 33 flashing LEDs
> 1" LCD screen readout with core temperature and load level
>
> It will come in at under £200

COOL!.....Does it come in blue?
Sat 13/08/05 at 20:42
Regular
"8==="
I laughed exactly 0 times.
Sat 13/08/05 at 20:41
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Hey guys I got these Revolution specs from a guy at Chomsky games! Check it out he says it's from the Rev Dev Kits Kev:

2x AMD NFX59 4800MHz modified 256bit CPU centred on a board with 4x surrounding slave PPUs at 2700MHz each
1x ATI Crossfire 9200 GPU core clocked at 1200MHz with 48 pixel pipelines and 20 vertex pipelines and 15 unified pipes, directly linked to the CPU array by a 40GB/sec pipe
40GB multi-purpose 1T SRAM arranged in a circle around the processor
ICEQ liquid gas cooling systems
33 flashing LEDs
1" LCD screen readout with core temperature and load level

It will come in at under £200
Sat 13/08/05 at 20:33
Regular
"bot"
Gwizz wrote:
> I would love ninty to make a console like that, with all that new
> tech in there like the PPU

hilariously expensive

> and duel GPU

heavily CPU limited. There's no benefit unless the output is in a ridiculous resolution, and it'll be displayed on a TV....
Sat 13/08/05 at 20:29
Regular
I know what I ment by that post, it just didnt come out right. I dont think I can explain.
Sat 13/08/05 at 19:08
Regular
Gwizz wrote:
> Whats happend with the cube reminds me a little of what happened with
> sega and there consoles.
>
>
> ?

Except Nintendo's software sells more on their system and Nintendo have money...

and make a profit.

Actually it is nothing like what happened with SEGA and their consoles.
Sat 13/08/05 at 19:07
Regular
"Divine Davine"
No way. Nintendo aren't stupid like Sega. The DS is such a huge hit, and the Gamecube isn't exactly a failure. Just not very popular over here. Think of the Xbox over in Japan? No one buys it. So people might say the same thing about the Xbox over there. Plus, there's Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, blah blah blah.
Sat 13/08/05 at 18:41
Regular
Whats happend with the cube reminds me a little of what happened with sega and there consoles.

?
Sat 13/08/05 at 18:26
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Gwizz wrote:
> Good point. Whats the point of all this power if its not used right?
> The GC is a powerful little system but apart from ninty who else
> pushes the cube?

>
> Lets hope that the next generation brings a more level playing field
> with games using the power of the systems, rather then just being
> thrown together and kicked out the door.

You're right, hardly any developers push the Cube - Capcom and Sega have both committed themselves to the console, and have pushed the hardware one way or another, but third party support is lacking heavily with the Cube.

I made a huge post on this on the previous page, it's all about advertising, accessibility and appeal to make a console sell (ha, a bit of alliteration for you ;p), and Ninty seem to fail quite badly in terms of making their console a worldwide smash hit.

And in a way, specs are a little bit important(I don't want to go buying a console that plays and looks like the GC), but innovation and quality games are the things I look for.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.