GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Revolution specs..?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/08/05 at 12:19
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
You've more then likly sread this somewhere already but...

Two 1.8ghz G5 based cpus
600mhz ATI gpu with 12mb onboard
128mb 1tsram
256mb dram

These specs came from What I hear are good sources, that where on the nail with 360 /PS3 info. If they are near the truth then it doesent sound that bad really (for the guts of it anyway). But one thing, if ATI have made that graphics part for consoles why isnt the 360 using it?
Sat 13/08/05 at 11:23
Regular
Legendary Link wrote:
> specs do sell consles, sorry, but its true, i'm not saying, and never
> was saying that it makes the console sell the most, but specs do
> count for a big part of the market, hence the ammount the xbox has
> sold.

That's right the X-box sold because of the specs... not because of Halo or online gaming. *rolls eyes*

> U will get people who wouldnt buy a console if the graphics were not
> as good as the 1 they alreaddy have.

But the most important issue is the games! It's all about the games. If it wasn't then why is it that the weakest console has been number 1 worldwide for the last 10 years!
Sat 13/08/05 at 11:22
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:

> An old 2D styled game on GBA that received practically no hype or
> advertising didn't. But a fully fledged 3D game will sell by the
> bucketload. Hell I'd imagine most people who plan on getting a PSP
> will most likely be planning on buying GTA as well.

GTA on the GBA had s**t loads of hype, TV ads, posters ads... it did hit the top spot but did not sell as well as Mario Vs. Donkey Kong or even Super Mario Ball.

> Oh and I'd also be incredibly suprised to see Nintendogs having
> anywhere near the success that it did in Japan, in the West.

I think it'll be a tamagotchi, Dogz style hit.
Fri 12/08/05 at 19:47
Regular
specs do sell consles, sorry, but its true, i'm not saying, and never was saying that it makes the console sell the most, but specs do count for a big part of the market, hence the ammount the xbox has sold.
U will get people who wouldnt buy a console if the graphics were not as good as the 1 they alreaddy have.
Fri 12/08/05 at 19:31
Regular
Dringo wrote:

> And GTA is an adult game and, as GTA on the GBA proved, does not sell
> as well as you'd imagine! Handhelds don't do that well in the adult
> front.

An old 2D styled game on GBA that received practically no hype or advertising didn't. But a fully fledged 3D game will sell by the bucketload. Hell I'd imagine most people who plan on getting a PSP will most likely be planning on buying GTA as well.

Oh and I'd also be incredibly suprised to see Nintendogs having anywhere near the success that it did in Japan, in the West.
Fri 12/08/05 at 19:05
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
The next few months will see an upturn in DS sales, as lots of people were waiting for the games that are coming up for release over the next few months. There is no way that the PSP is going to fail or crush the DS, this may be the first time that we see two handhelds do well alongside each other!
Fri 12/08/05 at 18:41
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Nintendogs and another Mario Kart up against GTA and Xbox 360?

Errr the X-box 360 is not a handheld. Sorry for that one.

And GTA is an adult game and, as GTA on the GBA proved, does not sell as well as you'd imagine! Handhelds don't do that well in the adult front.

Nintendogs and Mario Kart on a handheld against GTA on a handheld? That's a tough fight.
Fri 12/08/05 at 18:19
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Yeah, that's what I'm worried about...

Ha, well I'll be getting Nintendogs sometime this month (out in America on 25th August). Yay \o/
Fri 12/08/05 at 17:50
Regular
Nintendogs and another Mario Kart up against GTA and Xbox 360?
Fri 12/08/05 at 17:48
Regular
Look at the Christmas line up:- Wi-fi, Metroid, Mario Kart, Nintendogs and more...

It'll be a solid christmas in all regions for the Big N.
Fri 12/08/05 at 15:06
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Dringo wrote:
> [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=128655&forumid=135[/URL]

Well Ninty certainly have a chance. The DS is destroying the PSP in every other region, however I am actually really worried about the DS's performance when the PSP hits Europe. Many people have pre ordered it (around 400,000 now, I think), and there are so many decent games to support the console, too - there are very few decent games in the PAL region, sadly, and that's why I have imported many of my games.

It annoys me like hell. Nintendo have got to get their act together over here - and fast.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.