GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vote Scott Carson"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/08/05 at 19:15
Regular
"It is the time of Carson" announced the overwhelming favourite for notability today, as he launched the "Vote Carson" campaign bus, driven by Neil Mellor. The literally millions of fans (dubbed Carsonites in the new edition of the Oxford English Dictionary) screamed as he emerged, his moon-shaped face glinting in the sun.

"I'm the most famous man in the world" said Carson. "It's true, I asked. I deserve the status to go with this."

Scott Carson and Seann 'Stifler' William 'Stifler' Scott joined forces as they unveiled a huge-scale 'Vote Carson' campaign poster that will be draped over the London Eye, and smaller scale versions that are coming to a town near you: [URL]http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=carson7rn.jpg[/URL]

"This is the biggest day of his life." gushed his campaign agent, Edson Buddle. "He feels that now is his time. Did you know in a recent OK! poll, Scott came first when women were asked who was 'The Most Desirable Man In The World?' True story. He beat Brad Pitt."

This is not surprising, seeing as Scott Carson has become a marketing phenomenon. All stores selling sports merchandise report they are sold out of Carson shirts, worldwide.

"People have been coming in, and I've told them he doesn't play for Arsenal, but they buy an Arsenal shirt with Carson on the back all the same. It's crazy." said Arsene Wenger.

The Church are said to be considering asking Carson to be the face of their new campaign to convert people back to religion, after seeing research that suggests the average person on the street would do whatever Scott Carson told them to.

Some of the biggest names in the world have rushed to lend their support to the Vote Carson campagin:

[URL]http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nunez1vh.jpg[/URL]

[URL]http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=maniche5uf.jpg[/URL]

[URL]http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=blessed7fh.jpg[/URL]

Scott, pictured with his wife earlier ( [URL]http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spies7yo.jpg[/URL]
),said he was pleased with the reaction so far.

"I intend to be bigger than The Rock!" declared Scott - a bold claim.

When asked for his opinion on the ongoing Scott for notable campaign, Darcy from Neighbours was said to be "uninterested".

Plans for a Scott Carson:Avenger game (developed by EA) and a movie, starrting Nicholas Cage as Scott Carson are said to be 'unconfirmed'.

Vote Scott. You know it makes sense.
Thu 11/08/05 at 23:45
Regular
"0228"
[URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=124389&forumid=4006&offset=0¤tsort=desc[/URL]

Look Heddy, Stryke did alright last time too. 5 votes isn't so bad, especially againt FFF. Proof that this hasn't been spur of the moment voting.
Thu 11/08/05 at 23:44
Regular
"8==="
Who cares? It's a bunch of forums.

If these people mean so much to you then you really should sort that out pronto.

Personally I had a good discussion, it seems your post did incite some dodgy voting and there you go: more evidence the system needs changing.

It's SR's problem not yours though. :P
Thu 11/08/05 at 23:29
Regular
Well, I've taken it personally because I actually do reckon people have voted for me because they like my posts, not because of this thread, and that you suggesting that I did this just to get notable votes is ridiculous. I spent more time on the Food for Igor campaign, for Christs sake. Oh, and my joke about Ant in Creative Writing that you seem to have taken personally.

Don't worry, I never expected you to vote for me. But I never thought Your Honour would vote for me, either. I suppose this thread is why he voted for me too, yeah?
Thu 11/08/05 at 23:26
Regular
"8==="
Stryke wrote:
> Oh, for the last time, I'm not a 'forum candidate'. Is this just
> because you can't accept you haven't won?
>
> Actually, screw that. I believe you, you don't want to win. You hate
> the whole system. So leave it out.

I do indeed dislike the system, and I will use evidence each time an election comes up to try and get the system changed.

I know you've taken it quite personally but I've made the same claim before when Cong_Man tried a little sneaky ploy last time around and I've made points about the system problems in previous electon before that one.

Anyway, yeah I wouldn't have voted for you but don't take it too personally (I've tried not to rise to some of the more annoyed replies you've made but the cadaver one had to be done :P), at the end of the day I'm making a point and your actions seem to provide good evidence for a change to the system.

Nothing personal.
Thu 11/08/05 at 23:20
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Stryke wrote:
> I feel compelled to make sure I'm here, to make
> Hedfix feel more valid about his life.
>
> Just because the nearest you've come to sex is touching a cadaver's
> breast.

--

Almost true. They don't let us near cadavers yet.
Thu 11/08/05 at 23:20
Regular
Oh, for the last time, I'm not a 'forum candidate'. Is this just because you can't accept you haven't won?

Actually, screw that. I believe you, you don't want to win. You hate the whole system. So leave it out.
Thu 11/08/05 at 23:19
Regular
"8==="
Stryke wrote:
> I feel compelled to make sure I'm here, to make
> Hedfix feel more valid about his life.

Just because the nearest you've come to sex is touching a cadaver's breast.
Thu 11/08/05 at 23:18
Regular
"8==="
Stryke wrote:
>
> Next time - Creative Writing forum notable candidate!

It'll never work: they don't have enough people, let alone enough people who'd make an effort.
Thu 11/08/05 at 23:16
Regular
"8==="
If we had a email-voting setup we could at least eliminate the "I voted for the winnAr" people who simply vote for the person in the lead so they could say just that and no-doubt we'd see less people 'towing the forum line' if other members couldn't see their vote.

Fairness is a good thing.
Thu 11/08/05 at 23:16
Regular
Down has a point, I'll be off back to uni eventually. Oh, and I'm spending 3 weeks of September on holiday. But hey, I might get an internet connection in my room that WORKS this time round. Wouldn't that be something. I feel compelled to make sure I'm here, to make Hedfix feel more valid about his life.

Next time - Creative Writing forum notable candidate!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.