GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Top 10 Sci-fi movies, like, EVER... and stuff"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/08/05 at 23:38
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
[URL]http://www.theshiznit.co.uk[/URL]

Got a new guy writing stuff for the site, an American dude called Chris. He's pretty cool, he likes lists. Don't we all? So enjoy his list of the Top 10 Sci-fi movies of all time, and feel free to disagree vehemently in the comments section so I can totally see how popular I am.

Personally? I've seen two of the top ten. Whoops. I'm quite lame when it comes to Sci-fi. I'm always gonna argue for Jurassic Park to be in any list of top whatevers, just cos it rules.

For Goaty: the most audacious opening shot ever, I cried at Eternal Sunshine, etc etc etc. Your own little paragraph.
Mon 08/08/05 at 23:38
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
[URL]http://www.theshiznit.co.uk[/URL]

Got a new guy writing stuff for the site, an American dude called Chris. He's pretty cool, he likes lists. Don't we all? So enjoy his list of the Top 10 Sci-fi movies of all time, and feel free to disagree vehemently in the comments section so I can totally see how popular I am.

Personally? I've seen two of the top ten. Whoops. I'm quite lame when it comes to Sci-fi. I'm always gonna argue for Jurassic Park to be in any list of top whatevers, just cos it rules.

For Goaty: the most audacious opening shot ever, I cried at Eternal Sunshine, etc etc etc. Your own little paragraph.
Tue 09/08/05 at 00:00
Regular
"8==="
No Star Wars: Thumbs up.

Bladerunner + Solaris: Thumbs Down.

Might do a quick top 10 later.
Tue 09/08/05 at 00:08
Regular
"Captain to you."
good choices, i wouldn't mind a day watching them all from 10 to 1
Tue 09/08/05 at 00:16
Regular
"8==="
With Bladerunner to send you to sleep at the end of the day.
Tue 09/08/05 at 08:33
Regular
Out of all of those I've seen 12 Monkeys (brilliant), Aliens (also brilliant) and Akira (absolutely fantastic).

Haven't seen the rest, and I probably never will. Glad Akira made it into the list, though.
Tue 09/08/05 at 08:57
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
Blade Runner top = correct.
Tue 09/08/05 at 08:59
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Chris wrote:
> I have an anal retentive love of fists

Duder, don't let him write anymore...
Tue 09/08/05 at 09:10
Regular
"Mozzy"
Argh, I thought this thread would be asking everyone to give their top ten Sci-fi movies (like....EVER) but instead it was just Snuggly promoting his website again.

Oh well....
Tue 09/08/05 at 09:11
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Artificial Intelligence > Blade Runner
Armageddon > 2001: A Space Odyssey
Total Recall > THX 1138
Rollerball > The Day the Earth Stood Still
Anything > Solaris (which is basically a load of great ideas snatched from every sci-fi movie that went before glued together by Clooney, and therefore doesn't work, they might as well be glued together by Charlie Chaplin).

The Matrix (any of the 3), The Terminator, even Starship Troopers fail make it into the guy's top 10. Which just proves that everyone will have a different top 10.
Tue 09/08/05 at 09:14
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Armageddon > 2001: A Space Odyssey

Renders your opinion absolutely meaningless in one fell swoop.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.