GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can frogs excrete their insides?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/08/05 at 15:47
Regular
"0228"
I was in the garden, watering plants and things, and I saw a green/brown frog sitting on the floor. I moved closer but it didn't appear to be breathing or blinking or anything really. However, it had its head held high and it looked just like your average, alive frog.

On closer inspection, I could see that just behind it was a reddish, pink mess which coveredone of its legs and its backside. I then realised it was certainly dead. It was fully inflated though and looked perfectly well before you looked behind it. The only dead frogs I've seen before have been squashed on the road, or completely torn apart by my cat.

I can't understand what happened to it. Either my cat has become a master frog surgeon and has learnt how to rip out a frogs insides whilst leaving the body perfectly in tact or the frog has crapped out all of its internal organs.

[URL]http://krayzdsign.staghost.com/images/deadfrog.jpg[/URL]
Fri 05/08/05 at 19:47
Regular
JFH wrote:
> It can't have been trodden on because it was my garden, not the middle
> of the road or on the pavement.

And does no-ones else live in your house that could have trodden on it ?

Perhaps it was crushed by a stone or something that fell from a Tree ...
Fri 05/08/05 at 19:50
Regular
"0228"
tnc wrote:
> And does no-ones else live in your house that could have trodden on
> it ?

Unlikely considering they were all surprised when I told them. People generally notice when they tred on a frog.

I'm going to phone Mulder and Scully.
Fri 05/08/05 at 19:50
Regular
"You've upset me"
tnc wrote:
> Didn't that phrase (well, "borrowed sentence") originally
> come from the Simpsons ?

How dare you.

EDIT: That makes it sound like I came up with it. I didn't, but it's not from The Simpsons.
Fri 05/08/05 at 19:57
Regular
JFH wrote:

> Unlikely considering they were all surprised when I told them

That doesn't mean they didn't do it. I, personally, would feel slightly embarassed that I'd crushed a frog - mainly because that would imply my eyesight wasn't at it's best

Not the thing you'd confess
Fri 05/08/05 at 19:59
Regular
"0228"
A human foot would properly squash it though. Look at the picture, it's not squashed. Also, it was in a corner of the garden where nobody would have been too likely to go.
Fri 05/08/05 at 20:00
Regular
"You've upset me"
tnc wrote:
mainly because that
> would imply my eyesight wasn't at it's best
>
> Not the thing you'd confess

Indeed. You'd be a national joke.

"Ha! You have below average eyesight you're not fit for human company".

It'd be like GATTACA only with the visually impaired.
Fri 05/08/05 at 20:01
Regular
"0228"
GATTACA?
Fri 05/08/05 at 20:01
Regular
I blame the wasp crawling into the wound

Yes, in a part of the garden where you wouldn't go, perhaps because it was covered in bushes, means you wouldn't see it

Stepping on it only slightly could have done that, which would explain it not being "properly squashed" and them not noticing
Fri 05/08/05 at 20:03
"High polygon count"
That from definitely has a mis-shapen back, like it's been rolled over by a bike or something.

I once ran over one end of a big slug on my mountain bike, and the other end exploded like a giant spot. Looked kind of similar.
Fri 05/08/05 at 20:03
Regular
"You've upset me"
JFH wrote:
> GATTACA?

Bah. I deride your film knowledge.

[URL]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119177/[/URL]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.