GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WoW: Help?"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/08/05 at 20:56
Regular
Hey there,
Tommorow I should be getting WoW and I was wondering if any of you could recommend me a server to join, and the best class of character to have.
Thanks,
James
Sat 20/08/05 at 00:21
Regular
"woody woodpecker"
Cycloon wrote about an epic battle

Is the combat fun in World of Warcraft or does it completely stink
Sat 13/08/05 at 13:20
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
J Nash wrote:
> Penny Arcade blow hole, they lose by default.

Heh, I love it.
Sat 13/08/05 at 13:15
Regular
Penny Arcade blow hole, they lose by default.
Sat 13/08/05 at 12:51
Regular
How about setting up a SR guild on the server with the Penny Arcade [URL]http://www.penny-arcade.com[/URL] and PvP [URL]http://www.pvponline.com[/URL] guilds. They only have about 1000 members each, we can take them!!
Fri 12/08/05 at 17:27
Regular
Ok, thanks. Just this game confuses me.
Fri 12/08/05 at 14:59
Regular
"A man with a stick"
OddToe wrote:
> Last Sunday in the bottom-left handside of my screen I had the
> following keep showing up:
> "Ashenvale is Under Attack"
> What does this mean, exactly? Can I defend this place?

Basically, when a member of the other faction kills an NPC from yours, this message will appear in Local Defence, giving the rough location of where they where killed.

As for defending against such attacks, it varies. "Ashenvale is Under Attack" doesn't really mean anything, just that an NPC somewhere in Ashenvale has been killed, he could be anywhere and the person who killed him may have just done it for the hell of it and will be long gone before you arrive on the scene.

What you have to look out for are city and town names, people always attack these locations in force, so if you see a message like “Astranaar is Under Attack” there’s a good chance that players from the other faction are attacking in a raid group. You can defend against these attacks easier that searching for lost, individual NPC’s.
Fri 12/08/05 at 14:39
Regular
Is that battle based around battlegrounds?

Last Sunday in the bottom-left handside of my screen I had the following keep showing up:
"Ashenvale is Under Attack"
What does this mean, exactly? Can I defend this place?
Tue 09/08/05 at 19:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Just had the most epic and stupidly long battle in Alterac Valley.

I joined about 2 hours in, and as usual the Horde was crushing us. For the first half an hour, we had to defend our bridge, kill the Wing Raider thing and even take down the Ice Lord....yet somehow we managed to marshal the cavalry and the rams helped us take back Stormpike graveyard. We then had to pull the Ice Lord into our base, where he got mobbed by pretty much all 40 of us. It took another half an hour or so to finally clear our base and push the Horde back, then somehow the positions were reversed. We slaughtered them. We only had ram riders, yet we managed to take down ever single elite they threw at us, and we crushed them all the way back to Snowfall, then beyond past the Srtrife Field. It was ridiculous, we just utterly annihilated them. Iceblood fell,and then it was an hour or so of back and forth, as they gradually regrouped. We even got our giant elite, yet we still managed to kick them without it, as it just wandered around the Field of Strife. By then, several Horde had left, and Iceblood towers and garrison fell.

Then I got disconnected, but managed to get in an hour or so later, for the final killing blow. We stormed Frostwolf village or whatever it was called. In the end, it was 40 Alliance fighting about 20 Horde, and then at the end, as we killed the general, there was 1 naked Orc running around clapping. So I killed him. Then we won, which makes an astonishing change based on the usual AV pattern. I got an absoloute ton of honour, as well as 1200 kills, which should be a nice big chunk tomorrow. The whole battle took nearly 8 hours, and I was there for about half of it. It rocked.
Tue 09/08/05 at 00:59
Regular
"Excommunicated"
It is a load of balls.
Tue 09/08/05 at 00:48
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I know, but the faire was still in the construction phase when i posted that. The faire has really pished me off, or more specifically the changes blizzard has made to it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.