GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Movie Flaws - why so many of them?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/08/05 at 09:47
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
It might be because I am taking three science A-levels at the moment, but have you noticed the amount of flaws in movies lately? Or things that don't quite add up. OK, most of them are completely ficticious but some of them are just taking the mick.

Two recent examples -

Batman Begins - huge microwave generator vaporises all nearby water. It vaporises the towns water supply, but has no effect on the humans (I think the last time I checked this out - we were 80% water...)

War Of The Worlds - As the aliens land, everything mechanical and electrical stops. However, someone manages to use his camcorder to video the entire thing. Hmmm. Strange.

Any more things to add?
Tue 02/08/05 at 14:39
Regular
"serenity now!"
Batmanian wrote:
> Not to mention more subtle cockups such as the
> lady in the sweet shop offering charlie dollars for his ticket. Not
> much use to a nine year old english guy.

Ha, didn't notice that. That's a bit of a dumb move.
Tue 02/08/05 at 13:16
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
gamesfreak wrote:
> smv wrote:
> The car worked after the battery was fixed - perhaps he fixed the
> camcorder battery, or had a spare.
>
> EMP would of fried all the computer chips within the camera,
> rendering it useless.

It's 'cause it was a magical car, hence why it can survive a plane crash right where it was parked and then be driven off it next to perfect condition.

Anyway, I do notice the occasional movie 'flaw' but I just generally ignore them and enjoy the film.
Tue 02/08/05 at 13:08
Regular
Its not because your taking 'A' levels its because you have eyes.
However you are right. Despite being an excellent director, Tim Burton managed to completely ignore the "Charlie and the chocolate factory" book for the last twenty minutes of the new film resulting in some appauling cockups like the inclusion of Wonka's Dad?!?!?!?! Not to mention more subtle cockups such as the lady in the sweet shop offering charlie dollars for his ticket. Not much use to a nine year old english guy.
Tue 02/08/05 at 12:28
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Exactly, it's an excellent film.

This country...
Tue 02/08/05 at 12:22
Regular
It's still a good film.
Tue 02/08/05 at 12:17
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
[URL]http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/comments.php?id=73[/URL]

Answered the battery thing there. Everything that people assume to mistakes in WotW can be solved. It's been proven.
Tue 02/08/05 at 12:17
Regular
smv wrote:
> The car worked after the battery was fixed - perhaps he fixed the
> camcorder battery, or had a spare.

EMP would of fried all the computer chips within the camera, rendering it useless.

Meh, it doesn't really matter too much. I think people tend to want to find films realistic and conform to some form of logic.
Tue 02/08/05 at 12:13
Regular
I like that plan too!
Tue 02/08/05 at 12:12
Regular
"serenity now!"
The car worked after the battery was fixed - perhaps he fixed the camcorder battery, or had a spare.
Tue 02/08/05 at 12:10
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I think people are taking films a bit too seriously.

I agree in many cases, but the point raised about Batman Begins is pretty major. Its the main bad thing/evil device for the movie and its got an enormously obvious flaw. Its like watching Titanic, with the same results as before but it hits an iceberg that... well, melted half an hour ago.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.