GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Movie Flaws - why so many of them?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/08/05 at 09:47
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
It might be because I am taking three science A-levels at the moment, but have you noticed the amount of flaws in movies lately? Or things that don't quite add up. OK, most of them are completely ficticious but some of them are just taking the mick.

Two recent examples -

Batman Begins - huge microwave generator vaporises all nearby water. It vaporises the towns water supply, but has no effect on the humans (I think the last time I checked this out - we were 80% water...)

War Of The Worlds - As the aliens land, everything mechanical and electrical stops. However, someone manages to use his camcorder to video the entire thing. Hmmm. Strange.

Any more things to add?
Sun 07/08/05 at 14:57
Regular
"8==="
Sean Connery talking in a scottish accent despite playing foreign people. ;)
Sun 07/08/05 at 14:53
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
smv wrote:
> Batmanian wrote:
> Not to mention more subtle cockups such as the
> lady in the sweet shop offering charlie dollars for his ticket. Not
> much use to a nine year old english guy.
>
> Ha, didn't notice that. That's a bit of a dumb move.

Probably not, considering they use the term "candy", "allowance" and a number of other yank terms. He also uses a dollar to buy the winning bar. Where is it being set in England mentioned?
Wed 03/08/05 at 11:02
Regular
"-_-"
When theres a huge falw in a movie, i just laugh. Theyre funny.
Then just carry on watching the film.
Tue 02/08/05 at 16:32
Regular
I agree with chippxero. I never said that the differences were good or bad just different. Depp is an excellent wonka as he captures the darkside of the character perfectly.
Tue 02/08/05 at 15:19
Regular
"0228"
Chippxero wrote:
> It could be that you are getting different peoples opinions

That would seem highly likely.
Tue 02/08/05 at 15:16
Regular
"Captain to you."
JFH wrote:
> Before the film was released, people were saying that the new film
> would be better because it would be far nore similar to the book. Now
> iot's been released, people are saying that they like it because of
> the changes. I don't understand.

It could be that you are getting different peoples opinions, also peoples views are more likely to change once they have experienced something.
Tue 02/08/05 at 15:09
Regular
"0228"
Before the film was released, people were saying that the new film would be better because it would be far nore similar to the book. Now iot's been released, people are saying that they like it because of the changes. I don't understand.

I like the original more. I still hold the opinion that Wilder makes a better Wonka than Depp.
Tue 02/08/05 at 14:55
Regular
"Captain to you."
I like Burtons additions and changes, the whole point of him doing it is to get a different feeling to the story, otherwise you might as well jsut re-release the old one.
Tue 02/08/05 at 14:51
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Batmanian wrote:
> Tim
> Burton managed to completely ignore the "Charlie and the
> chocolate factory" book for the last twenty minutes of the new
> film resulting in some appauling cockups like the inclusion of
> Wonka's Dad?!?!?!?!

Huh? How's it a movie mistake when Burton added that content himself, and it wasn't in the book to start with? He never made a secret of the fact he was adding this element. I've heard it's not a brilliant addition, but it's hardly a "McLains vest changing color" mistake.
Tue 02/08/05 at 14:48
Regular
"youngest regular"
war of the worlds:when they come out of the shelter everything is wrecked-
except the car.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.