GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bands that just don't rock ENOUGH"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/08/05 at 20:10
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I've got quite a big catalogue of music on my PC and on my shelves, and every time another album skips round on random that I haven't heard in a while, I often find myself thinking 'whatever happened to these guys? They used to ROCK.' There's so many bands out there that absolutely have the potential to be amazing in every way, but are seemingly more content to put out cruddy ballads or boffo electronica to try and alienate as many people as possible, thus proving their artistic integrity. Either that or they just started to suck. A few examples:

Radiohead Please please please don't turn this into a Radiohead sucks/Radiohead rules thread, because that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that after listening to the Bends, I'm gagging for them to go back and write some songs that try to tear the roof off the joint - they haven't let loose for ages, but when they used to play My Iron Lung or even Paranoid Android, no one could touch them. Please start rocking again.

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club I've got both of their albums and on each there are a couple of amazing songs that attempt to shatter the inside of your head they're so awesome, but the rest of them albums are full of dreary Jesus & Mary Chain knock-offs and show-gazing nonsense. Whatever Happened To My Rock N Roll is fantastic, Six Barrell Shotgun likewise. Why no more of these ones, boys?

Cooper Temple Clause I remember one of the albums I was most excited about a few years ago was the new Coopers album, because I loved most of the tracks on the first one, and the new single Promises Promises was the best song I had heard that year. Why then, was the album a complete Cleveland steamer? Why not turn the fuzzbox up and drown out the singer's whiny voice, rather than messing about with lame effects and the kind of sounds you get on your school keyboard.

Audioslave First album = ace, not a patch on Rage but Cochise and Set it Off were great, rest of the LP was not far behind. Second album? Still hasn't grabbed me yet, just lots of shouting while Tom Morello puts his pedals on Hold and wishes he'd gone to be a Mexican freedom fighter with Zach. How can a band with such a great heritage turn into a band with no balls?

There are more, but I'm too depressed to think of them. I'm going to put Evil Empire on and put my head through the ceiling.
Tue 02/08/05 at 22:49
Regular
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Morrissey sounds like Ken Korda. Kudos if anyone knows who that is.

It's Adam Buxton I think.
Tue 02/08/05 at 20:47
Regular
"8==="
I have another band to wash away these crappy band's musical cobwebs from your ears:

Mad at Gravity.

Quality stuff.
Tue 02/08/05 at 18:15
Regular
"8==="
The fake Pop Idol thing with Ken Korda was the best.
Tue 02/08/05 at 18:10
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I do!

Is he related to Danny Corder, of Freeola fame?
Tue 02/08/05 at 18:01
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Morrissey sounds like Ken Korda. Kudos if anyone knows who that is.
Tue 02/08/05 at 13:51
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I refuse to believe that is Morrisey's real voice, on any of his records. It's just a put on voice, as if he's doing an impression of someone. And not a very good one, of not a very good singer.

The Smiths had a couple of good tracks, mainly it's whiney balls.
Tue 02/08/05 at 11:43
Regular
Can't forget The Stone Roses.

Mind you, Ian Browns new solo venture isn't that great...
Tue 02/08/05 at 11:42
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> The Smiths are most excellent.

Agreed.

Even though Morrisey is a ponce.
Tue 02/08/05 at 11:16
Regular
"I like beef"
Smiths roundup-

morissey's singing- s***
marr's guitar- awesome
Tue 02/08/05 at 11:08
Regular
"I like beef"
Hello again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.