GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Michael Shields petiton - PLEASE SIGN"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/07/05 at 17:20
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Michael Shields has been sentenced to 15 years prison for a crime he DID NOT commit. [URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/4720583.stm[/URL] for a BBC report on his story. The sentence relates to the attempted murder of a waitor - a crime which another Brit has since admitted. I have signed this petition and would strongly recommend you do the same. Please pass the link around via e-mail. The link is [URL]http://www.petitiononline.com/shields1/petition.html[/URL]

Thanks,

Forest Fan
Sun 31/07/05 at 18:54
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Thanks - its not common for people to agree with my views

Anyway he was extremely drunk - surely he could have imagined the whole thing. Or injured someone else. Or he could be being paid off by Shields to get him off the hook. Who knows?
Sun 31/07/05 at 18:59
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
> I haven't read anything anywhere that mentions hotel records, being
> told to wear a white T-shirt, or the air-tight alibi that he was
> snoring.

The point is the police used no DNA evidence or CCTV evidence against him. It was guilty until proven innocent, Shields was never given the opportunity to defend himself, if he was he could have found his own proof.

Taken from the Echo

Today Michael's uncle, Joseph Shields, who was at the court for the shock ruling, said: "We just had to walk out of court in disgust.

"We always said this was a circus; today they brought the white elephant out."
Sun 31/07/05 at 19:02
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
And that's also a valid point. No evidence whatsoever. All I would say is that a lot of people were merry and a lot of people were drunk. It could have been anybody - even the victim (too scared to say he was acting on the hope of a Darwin Award).

No real evidence, nobody knows if they injured him. No case. No conviction. Let him go.
Sun 31/07/05 at 19:05
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Well, whatever, I don't think you're being particularly open-minded about this. Not that you've got a reputation for that or anything...?
Sun 31/07/05 at 19:12
Regular
Granted, I not being open-minded. I've already made up my decision, I've already looked at it and I honestly don't think I'm wrong. I just can't believe that Shields could even be considered guilty. Equally, I just don't understand the arrogance of the Bulgarian courts, they still haven't accepted their obvious mistake. For shame too.
Sun 31/07/05 at 19:16
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
If they'd have let him go, he'd be in England the next day, and do you think the English authorities would give up a citizen that easy? It could take years to get him extradited, if at all. Good for Bulgaria sticking to their guns, and not giving in to any stupid political nonsense that would preserve their relationship with our country.
Sun 31/07/05 at 19:37
Regular
Why are you congratulating Bulgaria for a decision that has no evidence and furthermore has another (even reluctant) Scouser claiming responsibility.
Sun 31/07/05 at 19:38
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
monkey_man wrote:
> If they'd have let him go, he'd be in England the next day, and do you
> think the English authorities would give up a citizen that easy? It
> could take years to get him extradited, if at all. Good for Bulgaria
> sticking to their guns, and not giving in to any stupid political
> nonsense that would preserve their relationship with our country.
Sun 31/07/05 at 20:03
Regular
Signed.
Sun 31/07/05 at 20:47
Regular
Thanks very much. I've updated the link on the original post. Apologies that it wasn't correct earlier.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.