GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anticipation rating for PS3...."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/07/05 at 21:39
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
...mine just went through the roof. I just saw in-game footage of Killzone 2 and it was unbelievable. Get a copy of this months PSW, there are about 10 different titles and the majority of them look brilliant. So now I know there's be plenty of titles I want to play, and that isn't even including GTA, I can't wait for PS3, supposing it is £300.
Tue 02/08/05 at 02:08
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I don't have to cobble anything together, it's just basic common sense. If you're looking to buy something, you look at what you can get for your money. It's pointless hurling around titles like "fanboy" and "hardcore gamer" - it's inaccurate and makes you look arrogant.

You keep going with the "You don't know about the N64" malarkey. Of course I don't, because I never owned one. Only played it at friends' houses etc. I don't claim to know about it, or its games.

I'm not loyal to Sony for the sake of being loyal to Sony, either. I have a Gamecube, too, because, as I said about making a console choice, it has games that I want to play and can't play anywhere else. Such as Monkey Ball, Resident Evil etc (although these have since been announced to move to PS2 as well).

I didn't start playing games with the original Playstation, as you seem to think, I started real gaming with a ZX Spectrum that my Dad brought home one night. A console that you had to wait a good twenty minutes of loading time to play, and would quite often crash anyway. Then I had a GameGear, a Megadrive, GameBoy, PS1 and 2, and a GC. All of which I still have, if that's of any interest. In fact, my Megadrive and PS1 are still set up and ready to play in various places around the house.

I'm really struggling to see the point of all this. It's argument for argument's sake. You think I'm trying to promote the PS3, and I'm not, I really don't care what people do with their own money. You could pay to be fellated by a goat in my street, I can close the curtains and it wouldn't bother me. What I'm saying is, you obviously choose (and let's clear this up now in case it's what's causing all this stupidity, I mean "you" in a general sense, not literally you, Hedfix) what to do with your money based on what will bring you most happiness. If that's the PS3, fine. 360, fine. The goat? Fine. But it's crazy to decide just on the basis of time, when it's only a few months. In your case, it isn't only time. It's because you want the console exclusives, you want the online play, etc. Time is undoubtedly a factor, but not the most important one.

And blah blah, you're finding it funny. I'm sure you are. I'm sure you're literally laughing out loud at every word. The reason that tactic doesn't work is because people:

a) Know that you aren't laughing, and;

b) See that it's nothing more than a "la la can't hear you" to whatever the person has said. You've done it before, you'll no doubt do it again, but it's about as good an argument as "talk to the hand girlfriend."
Tue 02/08/05 at 01:43
Regular
"8==="
Anyway this is funny now.

All I see is a casual gamer trying to argue with a harcore gamer and barely concealing his fanboy-ism beneath some cobbled-together stuff about looking at each console's merits.

Obviously you're not as excited about next-gen games as I am so if you're happy with that I'll leave you to your casual gaming, if you're not happy with that then we can continue.
Tue 02/08/05 at 01:40
Regular
"8==="
Blank wrote:
> Once again - I'm not telling you or anyone else to wait for the PS3.
> My point: if you're getting one console, it's only sensible to look
> into each one and see which you'll get more out of. I spelled it out
> as clearly as you like. You're obviously stringing this out on
> purpose.

No I'm not, but I wish I was.
>
> I can't see how anyone can disagree with me here. It's like saying
> "I need a new car.....I'm just get whichever one comes out
> first," or "I need some new clothes, I'll just get whatever
> I happen to find first."
>
> If the console you choose is the 360, knock yourself out, I couldn't
> care less. To be honest, I'm not especially bothered either way. The
> only point here is, if you're buying one it's better to assess your
> options. And you're disagreeing with that?

Yeah you can trade things in so I guess I am disagreeing with that. We're talking next-gen games here. LAst generation I started off with a cube, then got an xbox and sold my cube onto a friend (then got a new cube a bit later but that's beside the point).
>
> Oh, and put the "I'm now laughing at you" card back in your
> pocket, it has never, and will never, be impressive to anyone.

Awww diddums.

> EDIT: And nice idea to edit an extra two paragraphs into your post
> after I'd already replied, real big of you.

Yeah I saw you'd replied (1:21) after I'd finished editing (1:22), so?

If you want to talk about stupidity how about you check editing times before jumping to stupid conclusions genius.
Tue 02/08/05 at 01:31
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Once again - I'm not telling you or anyone else to wait for the PS3. My point: if you're getting one console, it's only sensible to look into each one and see which you'll get more out of. I spelled it out as clearly as you like. You're obviously stringing this out on purpose.

I can't see how anyone can disagree with me here. It's like saying "I need a new car.....I'm just get whichever one comes out first," or "I need some new clothes, I'll just get whatever I happen to find first."

If the console you choose is the 360, knock yourself out, I couldn't care less. To be honest, I'm not especially bothered either way. The only point here is, if you're buying one it's better to assess your options. And you're disagreeing with that?

Oh, and put the "I'm now laughing at you" card back in your pocket, it has never, and will never, be impressive to anyone.

EDIT: And nice idea to edit an extra two paragraphs into your post after I'd already replied, real big of you.
Tue 02/08/05 at 01:24
Regular
"8==="
Yes, let's all wait 9+ months to play next-gen games and save a small amount of money - how about no!?

You're the stupid one.

But at least I'm finding this funny now.
Tue 02/08/05 at 01:21
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
If there were nothing to choose between the consoles, then obviously you'd go for the one that comes out first. But if you're just getting one, as I'm sure many will, then it is stupid to blindly get the first one released, because there will be something to choose between them. They'll have different games, mainly. If you're just buying the one, then surely it's a lot more sensible to weigh up your options, and see which console will have the licenses etc. that you want, than to grab the first one you can and limit your options before you know what they are.

"Stupidity" works fine for me.
Tue 02/08/05 at 01:15
Regular
"8==="
There is nothing stupid about grabbing the first next-gen console that comes out.

Knocking about the word 'stupid' to describe doing such a thing is just daft.

You simply come across as person who's clutching at straws to justify your arguments and it seems you don't really know much about the games that were on the N64 which is why you have to keep referring to Gamecube games.

You appear to have missed what I was talking about, perhaps if you go back and re-read the posts you'll get a clearer idea and see what you've missed.
Tue 02/08/05 at 01:12
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Hedfix wrote:
> Shame it came across that way then. So much so that I simply don't
> believe you.

I was talking about Nintendo in general, Resi 4 was just an example of a game they didn't make, because I felt I needed one. Why you think I must have to have been talking about either the Cube or the N64 or anything else in particular is beyond me.

> Obviously the SMART thing to do then would be to wait 9+ months for a
> console that won't run my old xbox games and that I can't transfer my
> Live account to...

No, but that isn't just factoring time alone, is it?

And neither is all the stuff you said after that. So you've missed the initial point, again. You have your reasons for buying the 360. Fine. I couldn't care less, it affects me in no way, unless your one 360 pushes Sony out of business, but seeing as you're buying a PS3 as well, it won't. But it seemed in your original post that you'd be buying the 360 simply because it's out sooner, which is stupid. Which is why I said it was stupid. If you're buying all three next gens, then obviously you'll want each as it comes out.

I'm not trying to preach the virtues of the PS3 here. I'll most probably get one, simply because the PS2 had and has almost all of the big games that I wanted to play, and the Xbox didn't have enough exclusives to warrant the price tag, and I assume the PS3 will do likewise. And, as you say about the 360, it's backwards compatible.
Tue 02/08/05 at 01:09
Regular
"Yes you are"
Hedfix wrote:
> Obviously the SMART thing to do then would be to wait 9+ months for a
> console that won't run my old xbox games and that I can't transfer my
> Live account to...

Last I heard, there was no guarantee that the 360 would play your Xbox games either.
Tue 02/08/05 at 00:52
Regular
"8==="
Blank wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> Your point is irrelevant since you're focusing on completely the
> wrong console battle. Not my fault you assumed I meant the Cube.
>
> I didn't.

Shame it came across that way then. So much so that I simply don't believe you.
>
> My original point was that
> you seemed to be placing speed of arrival on top of your list of
> reasons for buying something, and it seemed a bit stupid.

Obviously the SMART thing to do then would be to wait 9+ months for a console that won't run my old xbox games and that I can't transfer my Live account to...

If the PS3 was out way before the 360 I'd get that, it's all about playing the next-gen games and whilst I could be a fanboy or go and um and ahh over which one to get I'll get all 3 for the exclusives and get on with the gaming.

What's stupid is waiting when you can have fun with a new console for what amounts to a very small amount of money.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.