GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anticipation rating for PS3...."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/07/05 at 21:39
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
...mine just went through the roof. I just saw in-game footage of Killzone 2 and it was unbelievable. Get a copy of this months PSW, there are about 10 different titles and the majority of them look brilliant. So now I know there's be plenty of titles I want to play, and that isn't even including GTA, I can't wait for PS3, supposing it is £300.
Fri 29/07/05 at 20:20
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Reefer wrote:
> I'm doubtful about a UK release in November, though. I'd be very
> surprised...

You do realise that the 360 is going to be released in America, Europe and Japan at the same time don't you? I reckon a November release is a realistic target.
Fri 29/07/05 at 20:33
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Hedfix wrote:
> And everyone knows Sony's show was FMV, even GamerTV, which is
> usually glued to Sony's ringpiece 365 days a year, made a very big
> point of stating that Sony's stuff was FMV and NOT REAL.

It was obviously FMV. What's the big deal? It's not in game footage, that's because the console wouldn't be out for over a year. It'll come soon enough.

> Words and movies versus actual games you can buy and play come
> november?
>
> No contest.

Again, why is the time so important?

And you think Sony should be quaking in their boots because Microsoft release two consoles in between theirs? I think they'd be doing precisely the opposite. It shows Microsoft are trying to do whatever they can to get ahead, whereas Sony can sit back and still do just as well.
Fri 29/07/05 at 20:37
Regular
"8==="
Blank wrote:
> It shows Microsoft are trying to do whatever
> they can to get ahead, whereas Sony can sit back and still do just as
> well.

That's what Nintendo thought.
Fri 29/07/05 at 20:47
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I only think Sony will begin to sit up and take notice if Microsoft begin to seriously break into the Japanese market this time round. If they can do that then i think Sony will be in trouble.
Fri 29/07/05 at 22:46
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Hedfix wrote:
> That's what Nintendo thought.

No, they thought, "Whatever ideas we come up with, slap Mario/Zelda/Donkey Kong/Yoshi on the front and churn it out. Then come up with more ideas specifically for those characters, doesn't matter how good they are, they'll sell. What, we can't put Yoshi in Resi Evil 4? Damnit, it'll barely shift a hundred copies"
Fri 29/07/05 at 23:41
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Kawada wrote:
> I only think Sony will begin to sit up and take notice if Microsoft
> begin to seriously break into the Japanese market this time round. If
> they can do that then i think Sony will be in trouble.

To be honest, I can't see Sony having any problems in that area. They've built up an immense fan-base and they were consistent in providing a wide range of top quality titles on the PS2, something that Nintendo unfortunately weren't quite as good at with the Cube. Most 'casual gamers' will have had a PS2 rather than a GC or XBOX so why would they change?

The PS3 will have to be monumentally crap for Sony to lose this round, I really can't see that happening.
Sat 30/07/05 at 05:49
Regular
"8==="
Blank wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> That's what Nintendo thought.
>
> No, they thought, "Whatever ideas we come up with, slap
> Mario/Zelda/Donkey Kong/Yoshi on the front and churn it out. Then
> come up with more ideas specifically for those characters, doesn't
> matter how good they are, they'll sell. What, we can't put Yoshi in
> Resi Evil 4? Damnit, it'll barely shift a hundred copies"

Resi Evil 4?

Nintendo were already overtaken when they were launching the N64!

They still had Rare, still made very good use of their licences and it didn't make a damn bit of difference.
Sat 30/07/05 at 05:55
Regular
"8==="
Chr1s wrote:
> Most 'casual gamers' will have had a PS2 rather than a GC or XBOX so
> why would they change?

Because they've waited bloody ages for a new console. There are cheap Xboxes around and the 360 is out earlier with next-gen games.

>
> The PS3 will have to be monumentally crap for Sony to lose this
> round, I really can't see that happening.

Not really. Microsoft have a headstart and are actually decent at marketing so they'll have their userbase setup in its early stages by the time PS3 launches (from a business standpoint publishers are going to like the 360 a lot until the PS3 catches up - more potential sales). Then as the PS3 launches MS releases Halo 3...

Also the controller could be better, but that might change: after all MS were flexible enough to change theirs.
Sat 30/07/05 at 10:24
Regular
"\\"
Hedfix wrote:
> Also the controller could be better, but that might change: after all
> MS were flexible enough to change theirs.

Twice in 10 years?

That's quite a bit of step for Sony really.
Sat 30/07/05 at 10:54
"Retarded List"
Hedfix wrote:
>Then as the PS3 launches MS releases Halo 3...

And, if MS were to cut the price of the 360 at the PS3's launch (very likely) then they could do some damage. Especially if the PS3 is going to be £300+

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.