GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anticipation rating for PS3...."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/07/05 at 21:39
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
...mine just went through the roof. I just saw in-game footage of Killzone 2 and it was unbelievable. Get a copy of this months PSW, there are about 10 different titles and the majority of them look brilliant. So now I know there's be plenty of titles I want to play, and that isn't even including GTA, I can't wait for PS3, supposing it is £300.
Wed 27/07/05 at 01:16
Regular
"8==="
Sarcasm?

'about a year'
Wed 27/07/05 at 01:18
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
It was half scarcasm, half "what, really?"

When's the 360 out then?
Wed 27/07/05 at 01:20
Regular
"8==="
November I think.

Anyway sarcasm or not I was explaining clearly why my anticipation rating for the PS3 isn't high. The less time I have before I get my hands on a game/console the more I allow myself to be interested in it.
Wed 27/07/05 at 01:26
Regular
Christmas I think.

Sony do have a slight rep for showing FMV and then saying "this is what the game will look like..." but who knows, maybe this time it WILL be that good, and maybe Nintendo are hiding some secret gadget that will change the way we look at gaming, and maybe Microsoft do understand the games market this time... anything's possible! ;-)
Wed 27/07/05 at 01:33
Regular
"8==="
Microsoft are getting first shot at getting the largest userbase.

From a business standpoint that's a strong start.

They're also currently the best at console online gaming and they've got a lot more interesting licences now (to kick-about when they need to).

On paper Microsoft should be off to a flying start. Sony are masters of hype, but Microsoft are good at hype and also good at providing a quality service.

It does look like I'll only be buying the other two consoles for the exclusives.

Then again the more powerful PS3 may win me over like the Xbox won me over from the Cube this time around (although I have my doubts about the controller).
Wed 27/07/05 at 01:42
Regular
"Bicycle"
Quick word on that Killzone 2 video. In case you hadn't already been notified, Sony recently confirmed it was created in a top of the range PC, not any of the hardware associated with the PS3.

Unlike the video for MGS4, which was created with PS2 hardware and still looks bloody silly (and good).
Wed 27/07/05 at 01:49
Regular
"8==="
I'm getting sick of hype.

I know when the 360 launches we're going to get buried under mounds of hype-crap spewed at us from every direction.

What I do like is the current stance which is relying on in-game footage to make most of the impact. That's how it should be: games looking fun to play whilst actually being game footage.

Hard to be cynical when they are actually showing you the proper product without garnish.

Me like.
Wed 27/07/05 at 02:05
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Obviously you're going to be more excited about things around the corner, in the same way that I'm more excited about Resident Evil 5 than, say, Resident Evil 11.

But I won't be buying the 360 just because it's released earlier. As far as I could see, the Xbox didn't have too much going for it apart from Xbox Live, so I never bought one. The 360 will have to do more than just be first in the queue.
Wed 27/07/05 at 13:01
Regular
"8==="
Did have much going for it? Aside from Xbox Live it has a lot of decent racers, loads of FPS games and a decent smattering of RPG's. It's the best machine for multiformat due to the power, custom soundtracks and being able to save to the HD. It's the little things like that that really make a big difference.

Blank wrote:
> The 360 will have to do more than just be first in the queue.

Try looking at some of the titles coming out for it then: Ghost Recon 3, Oblivion, Perfect Dark Zero...

Oblivion alone should make it worth getting the console as it's looking excellent and is set in a huge world for players to explore. Not a brilliant explanation, just go and look at the game on IGN for yourself.

If you've got the patience to wait for the PS3 then fair enough, personally I'll be playing on my 360 way before the PS3's released.
Thu 28/07/05 at 22:15
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> It's already been confirmed that the PS3 footage from E3 was fake, I'm
> guessing it's the same for the magazine disc.

Yup, turns out they were showing some hi spec demos using technology that ain't even in the PS3. Damn Sony and their bloody lies.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.