GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anticipation rating for PS3...."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/07/05 at 21:39
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
...mine just went through the roof. I just saw in-game footage of Killzone 2 and it was unbelievable. Get a copy of this months PSW, there are about 10 different titles and the majority of them look brilliant. So now I know there's be plenty of titles I want to play, and that isn't even including GTA, I can't wait for PS3, supposing it is £300.
Sat 23/07/05 at 22:23
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Cycloon wrote:
> But then again, to be horribly blunt, won't the games be the same as
> they were on PS2? I.e, pretty good, just not good enough to be the
> best?

It'll turn out that way eventually. It has done with every console generation in the past and will this time as well.

Everyone'll be very impressed with all of the first few releases simply because the games will look and (possibly) play better than anything we've ever seen before. A few years down the line, we'll all realise that most of the release titles did in fact suck ass.

It happened this generation. One of the first games I bought for my PS2 way back in mid 2001 was "Sky Odyssey". I thought it was fantastic when I first played it. The visuals were better than I'd ever seen before. It wasn't until I'd played some of the later and much better releases such as Grand Theft Auto, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid etc, that I realised Sky Odyssey was really a very bad game.

Back to your original point, of course PS3 games will always be good but not the best. Well, they will until Nintendo decides to stop making Zelda's.
Sat 23/07/05 at 22:24
"period drama"
Lou Role wrote:
>They wouldn't be doing themselves any favours by showing
> 'fake' footage.

Well, they did at E3, so I don't see why anything should be different now.
I dunno ... just still very wary - the final details haven't all fallen into place yet. When everything from all 3 companies has been set in stone and worked upon, then I'll allow myself a little excitement perhaps.

Even then ... it's still only pretty, doesn't mean it's any good. Possibly less so, with people trying to exploit the hardware to the maximum and losing focus on what actually matters.
Sat 23/07/05 at 22:25
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Where are the 2D sprite based games dammit :-D
Sat 23/07/05 at 22:29
"period drama"
I'm sure Nippon Ichi have got your back, and then some.
Hundred-on-hundred sprite battles ahoy.
Sat 23/07/05 at 22:31
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I hope so that'd be pretty cool although the battles would be extremely long having to kill a hundred enemies :-D

Well wherever Nippon Ichi go in the next gen will be the console i'll be buying. Until then Makai Kingdom should keep me occupied for another 1000 hours or so :-D
Sun 24/07/05 at 14:27
"Retarded List"
Lou Role wrote:
> Well it says it's in-game footage, so I would assume it's proper
> stuff. They wouldn't be doing themselves any favours by showing
> 'fake' footage.

Well - correct me if I'm wrong - as far as I know, some of the PS3's innards wasn't even finished at the time of E3. How, therefor, the Killzone 2 trailer was running on the PS3 is a mystery...

Doesn't really bother me though. I'll probably be getting it eventually anyway.
Sun 24/07/05 at 15:32
Regular
It's already been confirmed that the PS3 footage from E3 was fake, I'm guessing it's the same for the magazine disc.
Sun 24/07/05 at 21:51
"Tesco value"
I bet they will still be making Midway or Atari classics for it
Sun 24/07/05 at 22:27
Regular
"8==="
I'd give my anticipation rating as 0.5/10.

There's another console coming out about a year before the PS3.

I'm more interested in playing that at the moment. I'm not jumping the gun and saying 360 will be better/the best I am however saying I care more about the one that I can get my hands on first and have fun with.
Wed 27/07/05 at 01:09
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
360 out a year before the PS3? That's news to me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.