GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anticipation rating for PS3...."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/07/05 at 21:39
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
...mine just went through the roof. I just saw in-game footage of Killzone 2 and it was unbelievable. Get a copy of this months PSW, there are about 10 different titles and the majority of them look brilliant. So now I know there's be plenty of titles I want to play, and that isn't even including GTA, I can't wait for PS3, supposing it is £300.
Sun 07/08/05 at 13:07
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Lou Role wrote:
> ...mine just went through the roof. I just saw in-game footage of
> Killzone 2 and it was unbelievable. Get a copy of this months PSW,
> there are about 10 different titles and the majority of them look
> brilliant. So now I know there's be plenty of titles I want to
> play,
> and that isn't even including GTA, I can't wait for PS3, supposing
> it
> is £300.

Digimond wrote:
> They are all prerenderd cut seens in other words the killzone trailer
> was FAKE! now do you understand.

I was told that about 10 minutes after making the original post, so yes, I've understood that for ages.
Sun 07/08/05 at 09:22
Regular
From what I understand, the Killzone trailer is an indication of what the PS3 will be capable of. If it had been a genuine demo, then we'd all be expecting a PS3 to be ready right about now, but since its not available for many months, we have to make do with simulations.

From previous console generations, it sounds like the technical demos such as this are a fair indication and tend not to exaggerate the truth since this would be damaging when the final product is released. Its certainly true that nobody would want reviewers focusing on one fact throughout their reviews "its not as good as the demo two years ago".
Sun 07/08/05 at 00:25
"High polygon count"
As far as I know, it was never claimed that the Killzone footage was actual gameplay. In fact, there are numerous scenes in it which make it quite obvious that it isn't in-game footage. So it wasn't exactly 'fake'.
Sat 06/08/05 at 18:13
"Retarded List"
Digimod, everyone knows that the Killzone trailer was faked. The whole thing is getting very boring...
Sat 06/08/05 at 15:12
Regular
"Xbox 360 Rules"
Lou Role wrote:
> ...mine just went through the roof. I just saw in-game footage of
> Killzone 2 and it was unbelievable. Get a copy of this months PSW,
> there are about 10 different titles and the majority of them look
> brilliant. So now I know there's be plenty of titles I want to play,
> and that isn't even including GTA, I can't wait for PS3, supposing it
> is £300.

They are all prerenderd cut seens in other words the killzone trailer was FAKE! now do you understand.
Sat 06/08/05 at 02:35
Regular
"8==="
It's a step in the right direction.
Sat 06/08/05 at 02:07
Regular
"Ruddie1"
I really thought/hoped Sony would have changed they layout of the new pad. But i guess there is still time for them to fix the mistake's
Sat 06/08/05 at 01:59
Regular
"8==="
Yeah the Xbox pad followed the tradition of the N64 (D-Pad where the 2nd control stick would go on the xbox pad) and the Dreamcast as far as pad design.

Also it was good to see MS make the effort of bringing out an alternative pad rather than taking the "Don't like it? Tough" line.
Sat 06/08/05 at 01:49
Regular
"Ruddie1"
I prefer the PS pad but its the postion of the sticks that make me prefer using the Xbox pad. It just seems to be in the right place. I always prefered the origanal Xbox pad to the type S but i got giants hands.
Sat 06/08/05 at 01:45
"High polygon count"
The D-pad should be circular to get the diagonals properly.

The sticks I like. For me, the Xbox sticks feel lopsided.

It all depends what you're used to, but I've always liked the PlayStation pads - I find them very comfortable.

The original Xbox pad was horrendous - huge great bloody thing which gave me cramp. The replacement 'S' controller was a great improvement, but I still prefer the DualShock.

Anyway, I'm off to bed.

G'night!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.