GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Not again?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/07/05 at 13:28
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
3 tube station closed because of "incidents"
Anybody know what's going on, or is it just precaution?
Sat 23/07/05 at 22:32
"period drama"
Why does anyone jump a turnstile and run from people shouting at them?

I think processdure probably goes ... shout ... shout ... scream ... kneecaps ... shout some more ... shoot in head.
Not ... shout ... shoot 5 times in cowering head.
Sat 23/07/05 at 22:28
Regular
Why did he jump the turnstile though? Why did he not stop when they shouted at him to stop? And how do we know he didnt speak English, all I've heard was he has lived in London for 3 years.

Still I'm sure there are more reasons as to why they were watching him in the first place. If he was a suicide bomber and he did blow everyone up then I suppose these posts would be rants about why didnt the undercover police stop him if they had the chance.
Sat 23/07/05 at 22:27
"period drama"
You never know ... this could all be building up and up until we're having daily explosions in random public places. And then perhaps something which could actually be viably compared to 9/11 - exploding Big Ben or something.

I'll pass this post onto the Daily Mail right away.
Sat 23/07/05 at 22:23
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I didn't know that. That changes a lot.

Jesus.
Sat 23/07/05 at 22:22
Regular
___
But security experts and the former head of London's police warned the attacks could continue. Livingstone cautioned so-called soft targets could also be at risk.

"People may be worried now about going on the tube, but it is quite likely the next attack will be in a pub or club or simply on a crowded street," he told Sky News television.
___

Oh :S okay, so you can use the tubes again but stay away from pubs, clubs and crowded streets. Perhaps we should avoid going to school and work too?
Sat 23/07/05 at 22:20
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yeah, before I edited it that thought crossed my mind.
People waving guns shouting in a foreign language at you the day after somebody has tried to blow up London. Again.
Can't say I wouldn't run if I were in his place.
Sat 23/07/05 at 22:19
Regular
"Excommunicated"
They were plain clothed though.

You're a Brazillian bloke, wearing a jacket because you are cold. A couple of plain clothed, large built guys with guns are shouting and running at you in a language you don't know. So you run but they jump on you and shoot you five times in the head.

Awful balls up.

Edit: Wrote this before I read Goatman's.
Sat 23/07/05 at 22:15
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I'm in two minds about this.
Initially I agreed that if this guy was one of bombers, then you can't take chances and a part of me thought "Well, he got what he deserved then" and thought it was an odd justice.
But I'm also thinking it was beyond wrong to shoot a guy 5 times in the head, on an underground train.
Especially as he's not linked. But the police said he left the premises they had under surveillance?
Something's not adding up here and I cant put my finger on it.
Does this mean if I decide to wear a coat because I think it looks cold then I'm a suspect? When I stay in London, I usually take an overnight bag with me so I'd be sitting with a bag in a coat.
And what would I think if plain-clothes men were shouting at me carrying guns, would I run? Given the actions of the past couple of weeks, if I saw people charging me with pistols I'd probably leg it as well.

And ID cards would not and will not prevent anything like this or the events of the past two weeks.
And could people stop saying "7/7" like it's the lame, not quite as spectacular sequel to Sept 11th. We're not Americans and don't put our dates in the same order, so 9/11 is dumb anyway.
But please, 7/7.../golfclap
Sat 23/07/05 at 22:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Trouble is the police probably thought; he's probably a terrorist, hence he's also possibly going to kill some people right now.
Sat 23/07/05 at 22:11
Regular
"The definitive tag"
It's a grade-A balls up by the police. I don't know why they shot to kill. Surely if he'd actually been a terrorist then he might have had useful information on the others who are involved. Of course they didn't think about that eventuality and just unloaded into the poor sod's face instead.

If they'd bothered to arrest him and take him in, then they would have found out that he had absolutely nothing to do with any terrorist acts. If he'd turned out to be linked to it then he could be spilling useful information on the real culprits as we speak.

But no...shoot first ask questions later is the way they went about it and they totally messed it up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.