GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Not again?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/07/05 at 13:28
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
3 tube station closed because of "incidents"
Anybody know what's going on, or is it just precaution?
Mon 25/07/05 at 18:48
Regular
"bot"
So they had him pinned on the ground, then felt the need to shoot him in the head.....7 times?

Mon 25/07/05 at 18:42
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Heard that on the radio a few minutes ago.

And I thought five shots was excessive...
Mon 25/07/05 at 17:24
Regular
"Captain to you."
7 in the head 1 in the shoulder it turns out [URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4713753.stm[/URL]
Mon 25/07/05 at 09:01
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Forest Fan wrote:

> And that's how it should be when dealing with terrorists.

It's back, and it's showing as much "Christian" forgiveness as ever...

My twopennorth is pretty much as Goatboy's; this just doesn't seem to add up, but without having been there...I just can't make up my mind about it.
Sun 24/07/05 at 09:25
Regular
"8==="
Hedfix wrote:
> chances are if they have guns in a station they're going to be
> police. Especially since the terrorists have yet to use firearms.
>
> Like I said: if they pull guns out and are intent on killing you
> then you're already dead.
Sun 24/07/05 at 01:21
Regular
"Captain to you."
Chippxero wrote:
> Undercover police that don't have to announce that they are police.
Sat 23/07/05 at 23:53
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Poor chap.
Sat 23/07/05 at 23:04
Regular
As was said, I wasnt there I didnt see it, I didnt see why he was running, why the police were chasing him, why he didnt stop and why they would shoot him in the head 5 times if he was already pinned down. I'm sure there is a lot more to it that we simply don't know yet or will never know. But then you have to remember that this was happening in a station, not a supermarket and this was the day after the event and so you have to ask yourself what you would do in the same situation and that the person you're chasing could kill you and everyone else in seconds. Are you willing to take that chance.

Whether it would have happened at all if they were uniform police I dont know.
Sat 23/07/05 at 22:52
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Brazilian Foreign Minister is to meet Jack Straw to demand an explanation, according to several news sources.

This is not going well for the police & Blair.
One the one hand, as everybody says, it must be difficult in such a high-emotions time and it would be natural to over-react.
But then again, these people are trained and trained to not let emotions get the better of them - that's why they train, same as the army do so that when things get heavy then they behave automatically and without thinking.
Chasing an unarmed foreigner into a tube station and onto a train to shoot him 5 times in the head in front of horrified passengers (who report the man was "cowering" and "like a trapped fox") is not on at all.

Yet the conflicting reports we're getting about whether he left this premises under surveillance or not, whether he heard the warnings to stop, if there were warnings, whether he understood the language.
I don't know enough of the facts to suggest why or how.
I just know a man unconnected to the events was gunned down on a train in front of commuters.
*shakes head*

Having read the reports a bit more, he was already pinned down before being shot in the head 5 times.
That seems a bit much, but then I wasn't there and I don't know how much of a threat they thought he posed.
A tricky situation all round.
Sat 23/07/05 at 22:43
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Christ what a mess this is turning into.

The biggest thing for me is that the officers were plain-clothed. Do you run from them? Who are they? Obviously in this case he did, but if he'd stayed put and they turned out not to be Police and had guns, he could have been shot for some totally unrelated reason.

This is probably the one situation where the rules of engagement do get confused, and it happened the day and fortnight after terrorist attacks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.