GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Not again?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/07/05 at 13:28
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
3 tube station closed because of "incidents"
Anybody know what's going on, or is it just precaution?
Thu 28/07/05 at 19:33
"period drama"
Sibs wrote:
> You obviously took my post to mean something it wasn't meant to...
> What I meant was that if I shot someone regardless of whether or not
> I 'knew' they were out to kill me I would be put on trial. This is a
> good thing. I'm not saying I should be able to kill anyone regardless
> of what I think I know about what the person is going to do. I was
> wondering why this rule should not be equally applied to the
> police...

Ah, soz. I'm just still really p!ssed about the whole thing, especially as my retard mother thinks he deserved it because he ran away. rargh

I would have thought the police would have been put on trial for this - technically murder, no matter the reason for it. But again, it would probably by the police as an institution, not individuals - which would result in some money for compensation and an apology, rather than prison time or whatever.
Thu 28/07/05 at 19:28
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
It gets worse:

Vivien Figueiredo, 22, said police told her that he was wearing a lightweight denim jacket and not some bulky coat that could have hidden an explosive belt underneath. Detectives also claimed immediately after the shooting that Mr Menezes had refused to heed shouted warnings by armed police and vaulted the ticket barriers at Stockwell Tube station.

Now police say that he used his travelcard to gain access to the station. Ms Figueiredo said: “They are saying he did absolutely nothing wrong when he was killed, so why don’t they say all this publicly.”

[URL]http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,22989-1711303,00.html[/URL]
Thu 28/07/05 at 19:27
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Did I say the police were allowed to kill innocents? Er ... no.
> And of course the family deserve a large amount of compensation for
> the murder of their son.
>
> I don't agree with their actions in any way in this case, by the by,
> I was just pointing out quite how stupid the suggestion that you
> should be able to kill anyone regard as suspicious because the police
> apparently do.
>
> Justice will of course come - but from "the police" as an
> institution, rather than on an individual level as would happen with
> whatever gunslinging antics you'd like the general public to adopt.

You obviously took my post to mean something it wasn't meant to... What I meant was that if I shot someone regardless of whether or not I 'knew' they were out to kill me I would be put on trial. This is a good thing. I'm not saying I should be able to kill anyone regardless of what I think I know about what the person is going to do. I was wondering why this rule should not be equally applied to the police...
Thu 28/07/05 at 19:24
"period drama"
Did I say the police were allowed to kill innocents? Er ... no.
And of course the family deserve a large amount of compensation for the murder of their son.

I don't agree with their actions in any way in this case, by the by, I was just pointing out quite how stupid the suggestion that you should be able to kill anyone regard as suspicious because the police apparently do.

Justice will of course come - but from "the police" as an institution, rather than on an individual level as would happen with whatever gunslinging antics you'd like the general public to adopt.
Thu 28/07/05 at 19:02
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> But you, rather obviously, aren't authorised by law to shoot anyone
> who may be trying to kill you. That kinda why the police exist, not
> some random group of vigilantes.

If the police are allowed to kill innocent people and there's nothing the friends, relatives, etc. of these murdered innocents can do to get justice for their death, surely that puts the police on the same level as a group of vigilantes?
Thu 28/07/05 at 18:58
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I have always said I can see why they shot him, but the more facts that emerge the more I think they got it wrong...

If they thought the guy had a bomb they should have stopped him before getting on two buses. They didn't and subsequently had him restrained, but still felt it necessary to shoot him. And not only shoot him but shoot him so many times that any chace of survival was completely out the window.
Thu 28/07/05 at 11:54
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Lived in the same block of flats.

And I do take your point about hesitancy; it's a tough job because they have to get the call exactly right, and christ I sympathise with 'em. On the other hand, having an incredibly difficult decision to make doesn't automatically excuse one from accountability.
Thu 28/07/05 at 11:32
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
But if they hesitate the next time a suspect is being followed, it could mean boomtown for Mr Piggy & Co.

What was the connection between the Brazilian man and the suspects? They shared a flat or something?
Thu 28/07/05 at 10:59
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Absolutely; the police were authorised to do what they did. I still have a problem with the fact that they actually did it, but my gut feeling is that, although we should always question what is done in our name in this shabby little "war on terror", we should also learn to accept some of the answers to those questions, even if we don't like them.

And, as I said before, this is one incident, which I find easy to allow for in my own mind. More than 1 is a different matter...
Wed 27/07/05 at 21:13
"period drama"
But you, rather obviously, aren't authorised by law to shoot anyone who may be trying to kill you. That kinda why the police exist, not some random group of vigilantes.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.