GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Not again?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/07/05 at 13:28
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
3 tube station closed because of "incidents"
Anybody know what's going on, or is it just precaution?
Mon 01/08/05 at 13:55
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
[URL]http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,176-1715340,00.html[/URL]

And suddenly, the death seems even less excusable than it was in the first place...
Fri 29/07/05 at 16:16
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Strafio wrote:
> If that article that Sibs has quoted is true then this is bad news
> indeed.

If it wasn't I assume the police would be disputing the claims made in the article. As far as I'm aware they're not. Which seems to indicate that it is true and that the police are trying not to draw any attention to those claims... All the while diverting public attention with 'But he was here illegally!'
Fri 29/07/05 at 16:14
Regular
well i think it's all over the media because people wanted to know why he ran away, and it wasnt because he thought his mates were playing a game or he throught they were terrorists it was likely because he like many 100,000s are here illegally. It's a big problem but you shouldnt kill them
Fri 29/07/05 at 16:12
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I think it's quite distasteful that the media seem to be focusing on the fact he was here illegally. It's as if they're using that as some justification for him getting shot... Like 'Oh, well maybe he wasn't a terrorist, but he was an ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT!!!111'... Oh, so that makes it okay that he was needlessly killed does it?
Fri 29/07/05 at 16:08
Regular
Ah so we know now why he was running, well maybe one of the reasons why he ran. Having a fake visa as his old visa ran out 2 years ago and working here illegally. So yeah he was a criminal and wasnt an innocent man, but then he wasnt a terrorist so it's a shame he died.
Thu 28/07/05 at 23:29
Regular
Why did they feel the need to shoot him more than 3 times in the Head, I mean, come on ... the Head is a one-shot kill, that amount of shots wouldn't even be needed on the body

I personally think that the police were watching too much Die Hard , which would explain the undercover dress, running around and shooting people with guns (turned sideways - like all good American policemen) and shouting Yippe Ki-ay (sp ?)
Thu 28/07/05 at 23:15
"period drama"
Oh, and the people shouting at him with guns weren't actually dressed as policmen.
Thu 28/07/05 at 23:14
"period drama"
If he didn't jump the barrier, and he didn't have a bulky perhaps-explosive jacket on, and his only crime was running away from shouting police (understandably, as I'm sure most people with an expires visa would - expecting to escape / get chased down and caught) and then was on the floor obviously surrendering, and was then shot in the head 8 times ... I'd probably say someone was open to some legal action.
Thu 28/07/05 at 21:47
Regular
If that article that Sibs has quoted is true then this is bad news indeed.
The police panicked and killed someone needlessly for running away from armed police (who weren't in uniform so he wasn't to know), and then they tried to cover up the story.

Not good at all.
Thu 28/07/05 at 21:36
Regular
"bit of a brain"
They can't be put on trial, because they're allowed to shoot people that they have serious reason to believe may be a suicide bomber.

Obviously if the enquiry finds that they didn't have strong enough reason for their actions then they will be punished, but we don't know the whole story so we can't comment.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.