GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Not again?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/07/05 at 13:28
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
3 tube station closed because of "incidents"
Anybody know what's going on, or is it just precaution?
Sat 23/07/05 at 11:05
Regular
"Excommunicated"
So why fire 5 shots into him?

As he is pinned to the ground... sounds dodgy to me.
Sat 23/07/05 at 11:04
Regular
"8==="
True, but who knows - mabye all had to do was tense his buttocks to set a bomb off or something, push his knees together or turn his head to the left etc.

Sounds a bit far-fetched but it's certainly plausible.

Mabye he could have been remote detonated by someone else etc.

There's loads of possibilities.
Sat 23/07/05 at 11:03
Regular
Chippxero wrote:
> I think personally they should have put a few bullets in his arms
> while he's pinned to the floor and then check him properly.

This would be a good idea, but potentially bad if you come to think of the technicality/risk aspect.

What if some explosive was lined in the sleeves of his coat; bullets sparks and explosives don't exactly play nice.
Sat 23/07/05 at 11:01
Regular
"Captain to you."
True, and i would rather they shoot a few people than a train gets blown up.

I think personally they should have put a few bullets in his arms while he's pinned to the floor and then check him properly.
Sat 23/07/05 at 10:59
Regular
Whats to say that witness was confused at the time? Peoples memories tend to distort over time and in a state that is not normal (i.e. panic).

Even if the Police had jumped him then pumelled him with bullets, the bloke could of had bombs lined in his coat, finger on the detonator, people in extreme danger of the terrible fatalities which happened on 7/7 happening again.

Taking him alive takes time, time can cost lives.
Sat 23/07/05 at 10:58
Regular
"8==="
Sounds like they pinned him down so he couldn't trigger anything then made sure he certainly couldn't.

When police are dealing with a suspect suicide bomber (who's already run from them) I don't think 'taking them alive' is very high on their list of priorities.
Sat 23/07/05 at 10:53
Regular
"Captain to you."
"They pushed him to the floor, bundled on top of him and unloaded five shots into him" <- witness said that.

To me that sounds like they very probably could have taken him alive.
Sat 23/07/05 at 10:50
Regular
"8==="
Exactly.

What are they expected to do with a suspected terrorist lying down after trying to evade armed officers in a terroism hotspot?

"Prod him with a stick sarge - see if he explodes."
Sat 23/07/05 at 10:48
Regular
I think the guy was being followed by police way before he reached the Tube Station, he darted in and jumped the fence. Doing no good for his case...

Seeing the recent events of the past few weeks, I'm not surprised the Police shot him. If he was an 'innocent' drug dealer of some sort, and not a terrorist, he was probably the most stupid to do what he did.

The Police are on high alert, the moral is to not mess about.
Sat 23/07/05 at 10:44
Regular
"8==="
Lying on the ground doesn't mean you don't have your finger on a trigger/button or have a timer ticking down.

And chances are if they have guns in a station they're going to be police. Especially since the terrorists have yet to use firearms.

Like a I said: if they pull guns out and are intent on killing you then you're already dead.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.