GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Not again?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/07/05 at 13:28
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
3 tube station closed because of "incidents"
Anybody know what's going on, or is it just precaution?
Wed 03/08/05 at 21:27
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Of course it has.

The innocent that died wasn't white British, dammit.
Wed 03/08/05 at 21:21
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Interestingly, has anybody seen any further coverage of this shooting in the papers or on the news?
Seems to have just dropped away.
Tue 02/08/05 at 20:58
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> I think the claim that he didn't jump the barrier came from a member
> of his family, who to be fair, were probably in Brazil at the time.

They were told by Scotland Yard. Or so they say. But whatever. If it wasn't true, you really think the police wouldn't have denied it by now?

> This is a country where everyone apologises for everything, even
> stuff that isn't their fault. I can't see the police going all NYPD
> on his ass without warning. Still a terrible tragedy though, let's
> not forget the reason it happened in the first place. What doesn't
> help is The Sun printing stories like
>
> OMG GUN MURDER COP GIVEN FREE HOL USING OUR TAXES FFS
>
> I'm sure he's not exactly sunning himself on the coast right now.
> Well, not in Brazil anyway.

This reminds me somewhat of a column I read in the Daily Mail last Sunday (the parents get it...) by Simon Heffer, who, from most of the things I've read by him, has his head so far stuck up his own rectal passage that he's practically eating the bull he spews, yet he probably still thinks it smells of roses...

He went off on a rant about 'liberal' (he always uses the term like it's supposed to be some massive insult...) people saying how we should look at the root causes of terrorism, not just go around shooting people eight times in the head from point blank range... He seemed to think it was actually a bad thing to look at these root causes... Sorry, what? So you think it's actually a bad thing to try and understand why people might blow themselves and others up? So you don't think that by understanding the motivation behind it we may be more effective in stopping people wanting to do it, let alone actually being able to carry an attack out? Yeah, I know it's the Daily Mail, where if you're not a flag waving nationalist who believes the British Empire was built on great and noble ideals and all immigrants are job-stealing, benefit-scrounging (hang-on, aren't those two kind of opposed...? Doesn't matter to the facist-brigade though!), child-molesting scum, then most things aren't going to make logical sense, but this guy really gets my goat.

I hardly think anyone's apologising for something that isn't their fault. The police seem to have put off releasing any real facts for as long as possible. How long did it take them to tell us he was actually shot eight times? Even longer to tell us he didn't actually hop the barrier, and wasn't infact wearing a bulky jacket... So all the reasons that were used to justify the guys death were infact crap. I don't know exactly what the Sun printed, but if it is along those lines, then I agree that's not useful. However, I do feel the public have been conned and lied to. The media coverage surrounding the death of this guy and the speculation around how he was connected to terrorism was massive. As soon as it's released that actually, he was innocent, it all dies down, and then the police don't even bother to tell us the whole truth because it points to their incompetance in this case. And frankly the police should be answering to us. They are (apparently) there to protect the public. Someone should be answering for the death of this innocent man, whether it's the individuals or the police as an institution. Yes, a factor in his death was increased tension due to terrorist bombings, but an individual (or an institution) is responsible for their own actions regardless of this.

Hmm. Big rant. End of.
Mon 01/08/05 at 21:39
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I think the claim that he didn't jump the barrier came from a member of his family, who to be fair, were probably in Brazil at the time. And even though I'm as scared of the spack-handed police as I am the dutty-faced turrists, I very much doubt that the police issued no warnings before they fired. Witnesses heard shouting, I seem to remember reading.

This is a country where everyone apologises for everything, even stuff that isn't their fault. I can't see the police going all NYPD on his ass without warning. Still a terrible tragedy though, let's not forget the reason it happened in the first place. What doesn't help is The Sun printing stories like

OMG GUN MURDER COP GIVEN FREE HOL USING OUR TAXES FFS

I'm sure he's not exactly sunning himself on the coast right now. Well, not in Brazil anyway.
Mon 01/08/05 at 16:19
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
So the guy wasn't wearing a bulky jacket, didn't vault the barrier and wasn't issued any warnings.
*slow clap*
Oh, but his visa had expired so hey...
"He was a turrist, we thought he was going blow stuff up"
Yet he was allowed to take a bus to the station and started running when a train arrived.
Which I've done many a time, and like the report says, there was a train at the station, hence the running.

Somebody done mucked up
Mon 01/08/05 at 15:30
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Y'know what? That Mersey thing is probably the only one of Forest's posts I won't criticise.

Sure, one gets the impression he's behind it out of a dislike and mistrust of foreigners more than anything else. But it's an interesting case in that it does seem an innocent man is suffering for it. By the same token, what if the "confession" that has been faxed to the Bulgarian authorities is false, and intended only to unjustly win a man his freedom?
Mon 01/08/05 at 14:51
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I said the funniest thing earlier, made myself laugh, but it's lost to the annals of the Retardo Chat forum.

"Your horse called, it wants it's blinkers back."
Mon 01/08/05 at 14:45
Regular
"Captain to you."
Maybe he doesn’t like Brazilians
Mon 01/08/05 at 14:43
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Why can't Forest champion cases like this, instead of the "Merseyside Monkey"?
Mon 01/08/05 at 14:04
Regular
"Captain to you."
I think they just wanted to be seen as doing something and stuffed it up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.