GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Deferred Success"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/07/05 at 17:47
Regular
"0228"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4697461.stm[/URL]

Ahahahahaha.

I laugh but it really isn't funny, it's pathetic. I can 100% guarantee that this will make no improvements to the quality of peoples' desire to learn, if anything these people would believe that they are completely immune to failure and so will do even less work. People that continually fail have no desire to learn and revise and so there's little point in these new, and useless methods.

How about we try concentrating on those that do well, giving us a nation with some geniuses and a few retards, rather than what looks like will happen where there'll be some average and some thick. People that don't work now are more likely to begin to work if all the attention is put on those that already work. Or something...
Wed 27/07/05 at 23:24
Regular
"You've upset me"
GingerD wrote:
>delayed pacifists

Hehehe.
Wed 27/07/05 at 23:09
Regular
"Bouncebackability"
Deferred success? Does that mean we now call bullys delayed pacifists so as not to stunt their social growth in later life? RUBBISH! The word 'failed' never hurt anyone when used correctly in my opinion.
Mon 25/07/05 at 19:53
Regular
"You've upset me"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> and b) Rasta already says I win. So neh neh neh ;p

Um. No :-)
Mon 25/07/05 at 19:39
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Kilgore Trout wrote:

> I do. I think the point is that the reason behind Newspeak is that it
> is designed to make it impossible to say (and eventually, think)
> anything negative about Big Brother. In the same way, political
> correctness is making it harder and harder to say anything negative
> about anything. While this is a simplification of the
> argument, I think the comparison is valid.

In 1984, the language extends across the entire sociaty. In this case, it is only the specific area of education, which I think is a pretty significant difference.

Anyway, this is a) a silly argument to continue (though of course, like most arguments, fun)

and b) Rasta already says I win. So neh neh neh ;p
Sat 23/07/05 at 13:57
Regular
"You've upset me"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> It's as if they remove the idea of failing, they'll remove the action
> itself, which is obviously moronic.
> Truth is, if no-one can fail, then no-one can pass, and we're left
> with a bunch of confused teenagers with nothing to show for whatever
> skills they may have in whatever areas.

Exactly.
Sat 23/07/05 at 00:58
"period drama"
It's as if they remove the idea of failing, they'll remove the action itself, which is obviously moronic.
Truth is, if no-one can fail, then no-one can pass, and we're left with a bunch of confused teenagers with nothing to show for whatever skills they may have in whatever areas.
Fri 22/07/05 at 23:25
Regular
"The definitive tag"
JFH wrote:
> Fair enough, they may have skills in ather
> areas, but that doesn't take away the fact that they fail
> exams.

Exactly. Whether we like it or not, it's the exams that count.
Fri 22/07/05 at 23:12
Regular
Not sure...

I probably didn't think this through properly and was just against people being thought of as "failures" or something. I guess there has to be SOME word for not passing. :-)
Fri 22/07/05 at 23:10
Regular
"0228"
If you don't pass an exam, then you fail it. Why change the word fail to 'deferred success'?
Fri 22/07/05 at 23:04
Regular
That might be the dictionary definition, but the way the word failure is used nowdays tends to imply a bit more than that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.