GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spiders"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/07/05 at 00:04
Regular
"SOUP!"
Do people have like an inert fear of spiders, is it natural to think "argh, kill it" when we see one? I mean, small creatures running about like mice or voles or kittens dont make people weep and flail, but spiders do.

I just saw one on the kitchen floor and stamped the little freak in a voodoo war-dance style, got me thinking, why the hell did I care it was there?
Wed 20/07/05 at 09:08
Regular
"Jackpot!"
I was out climbing trees one day, when I was younger, and I felt an itch behind my ear.

Anyway, I ignored it, and when I got home, I felt it again. I went to itch it, and grabbed a massive spider from behind my ear...now that was sick.
Wed 20/07/05 at 08:52
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
My sis hates spiders, the other day she ran screaming over and said that it was in her clothes so she was thrashing about, I went into the bathroom to see if it was still there, and this little spider crawled out the size of a two pence piece!!!
I cant stand big spiders myself but well that was over the top, Ever watched Aracnaphopia( I think thats how you spell it!!)
Wed 20/07/05 at 03:21
Regular
"8==="
Yeah there is that.
Wed 20/07/05 at 03:21
Regular
"Selected"
Or, before we were monkeys, we were spiders who hated ourselves.
Wed 20/07/05 at 03:20
Regular
"8==="
Socially learnt? Personally I think we don't like spiders because many many years ago when we used to be monkeys and spiders used to eat us.
Wed 20/07/05 at 02:34
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Hmm, well when I went to america last, I learnt a lot of things about spiders, since I was looking for a name of a cool silver one I saw.

Just in case you're wondering, the silver/chrome shining one was called an orchard orbweaver, and it had like black flame patterns in the silver.

Most spiders in america are harmless, but a lot of the deadly ones, like to go into houses.

You should always look in the window sils, and any gaps if you stay in a villa over there, as there are some spiders called brown recluses. With just one bite, your arm goes puffy and swolen, and it causes a blood clot. So, you need to see a doctor immediately if that happens.

I have a house in america, and I went out the back, down to a swamp to look for alligators. Anyway, I went around looking for things to disturb the water with, and literally about 1 - 2 feet away from me was a fairly big fist sized hole, on the ground, that went in like a tunnel, and had silver webbing everywhere in it...only a thin layer though, so I reckon it was either a tarantula or black widows home.

Also, there are 3 types of widows, as I did a bit of research on the net. They are as follows:

Black widow
Red widow
Brown widow

As far as I know, they are all as venomous as each other.

Aswering the topic, yes I don't like spiders either, but only the bigger ones really bother me.
Wed 20/07/05 at 00:36
Regular
"SOUP!"
in conclusion, it's wierd?
Wed 20/07/05 at 00:29
"period drama"
Well, for most cases anyway. There are some people who have a bad experience with a spider, and that affects them - but even then, it's probably encouraged on by the fact that everyone around them is scared of spiders as well, so they think nothing of it and play along as it were.

Even I'm a little scared of them ... and there's no reason for it at all. Which really annoys me.
You can see how unfounded it is because a lot of people who are scared of spiders aren't scared of any other bugs - if they saw a big ant crawling up the wall, they wouldn't think twice about it. But a little spider and they're screaming the place down.

It's a cultural disease that's become the norm, and most people conform without even realising it.
Wed 20/07/05 at 00:26
Regular
"The definitive tag"
They are fascinating to watch. Some of them can move astonishingly quickly and their killing methods are really cool.

Evil little basts they are though. Too many legs.
Wed 20/07/05 at 00:22
Regular
"SOUP!"
You think?

You'd need to test it on a random kid. Throw badgers and spiders at him/her and see which scared them more

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.