GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spiders"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/07/05 at 00:04
Regular
"SOUP!"
Do people have like an inert fear of spiders, is it natural to think "argh, kill it" when we see one? I mean, small creatures running about like mice or voles or kittens dont make people weep and flail, but spiders do.

I just saw one on the kitchen floor and stamped the little freak in a voodoo war-dance style, got me thinking, why the hell did I care it was there?
Thu 21/07/05 at 22:13
"Darkness, always"
There are spiders that can kill you. Spiders that see you as prey. Spiders that can bite you and make your flesh die and rot. Spiders with venom that is harmless to all mammals bar humans. Spiders that can hunt. Spiders that can jump, spiders that can swim, spiders that can use tools and weapons. Spiders that can learn and adapt, mimick behaviour. Spiders that can see better than we can, spiders that can communicate. Spiders that can think. Spiders out there that will eat you, if you give them the chance.

Some spiders can do a worrying combination of these feats. A combination, I should add, that most humans are grossly incapable of. No, the common fear of arachnids is perfectly well founded. Every spider is a carnivore. Not one of them suffices with plants or dirt or anything without blood and flesh.

They have walked this earth a million times longer than we have, adapting to everything, surviving everything. This is their world, and we are merely squatting on it.

If you're sat at home on your PC reading this, there is at least one spider less than 10 feet away from you, if not several spiders. You may not see themn, but they can probably see you. Eight eyes judging you - you should hope they have eight, the ones with only six... - you cannot escape them.
Thu 21/07/05 at 22:00
Regular
"Mozzy"
I hate ALL bugs/flies. Even them really small flies that are smaller than ants, if they are in my bedroom when im trying to sleep I will kill the bast*rds.

I think it's because when I was a child I woke up one morning with a Bee in my ear, it was bloody awful, I still remember it. And it has happened many times since then, like the other week I woke up with one of those giant beetles on my face.

Not nice.
Thu 21/07/05 at 20:26
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Ok then...*wonders what the world is coming to*
Thu 21/07/05 at 20:18
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Vergil wrote:
> I choked on a bee before.

Hahahahahahahaha.

Bwahahahahahahahaha, that's awesome.

Hahahahahahahaha.
Thu 21/07/05 at 20:14
Regular
"Jackpot!"
I choked on a bee before.
When I was younger, like 8 or 9 I'm guessing, I was at my gran and grandads playing outside, and a bee flew down my throat, so I choked and coughed it out. Anyway, it fell on the floor, and it must have dissolved or something, as I didn't see it fly off, and it wasn't there anymore.
Thu 21/07/05 at 09:44
Regular
"8==="
Yarr not alone.

I just bat wasps away nad if they come back I bat them away harder.

miaow.
Thu 21/07/05 at 09:43
Regular
"That's right!"
"I don't mind daddy-long-legs or craneflies though."

Daddy long legs ARE crane flies.

I think I'm the only person I know who doesn't freak out when a wasp or bee starts buzzing around me. I just move away, I don't thrash my hands in the air, basically saying "Sting me! Sting me, please!"

I was stung by a bee as a kid and by a wasp a few years later. It hurt...
Wed 20/07/05 at 19:38
Regular
I ignore spiders and we seem to get quite a few spiders especially in the summer. My older brother and mum hate them. I dont like to kill anything so if I have to get rid of one I try to catch it in something, but I think my dad use to just grab them and chuck them out the window. I was really suprised when I found out my older brother was scared of spiders. I couldnt stop laughing, my parents told me off :(
Wed 20/07/05 at 19:14
Regular
I got stung in the back of my throat once by a bee but I don't hold it against him since he probably died afterwards.
Wed 20/07/05 at 19:05
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
What do you think of bees and wasps?? When i was little i was playing a sort of tennis with my dad, i felt an itch on my neck so i scrached it with my bat and i felt an intense pain on my neck and a massive bumble bee fell off!! My neck swelled right up! Since then I cant stand bees and wasps..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.