GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spiders"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/07/05 at 00:04
Regular
"SOUP!"
Do people have like an inert fear of spiders, is it natural to think "argh, kill it" when we see one? I mean, small creatures running about like mice or voles or kittens dont make people weep and flail, but spiders do.

I just saw one on the kitchen floor and stamped the little freak in a voodoo war-dance style, got me thinking, why the hell did I care it was there?
Wed 20/07/05 at 17:39
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Haha, yea it's really nasty.
I threw the spider on the grass somewere, after that.
Wed 20/07/05 at 16:02
"period drama"
Vergil wrote:
> I was out climbing trees one day, when I was younger, and I felt an
> itch behind my ear.
>
> Anyway, I ignored it, and when I got home, I felt it again. I went to
> itch it, and grabbed a massive spider from behind my ear...now that
> was sick.

That's so weird, I had almost exactly the same experience.
Climbing trees ... saw one of those lanky-legged basts crawling around, so I jumped down. Then my back was itchy for ages and I was scratching down my T-Shirt - I pulled my hand out and there was this spider just sitting on it.

Ugh.
Wed 20/07/05 at 14:33
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
Para, its cos you are a girly girl girl. :P
Wed 20/07/05 at 13:53
Regular
"Jackpot!"
When I went, about a month back now, there were loads of little black frogs hopping about, so I kept picking them up.

They probably weren't poisonous, but I washed my hands afterwards, regardless.
Wed 20/07/05 at 13:00
Regular
Chr1s wrote:
> The little lizards that run about all over the place are funny. Have
> to watch out for them though, wouldn't want to tread on one.

Haha yeah, we stayed in a Villa in Florida earlier this year and there were millions of the lizard things hanging about.

We managed to grab one: -

[URL]http://djh-solutions.co.uk/blog/gallery.php?cat=47¤t=27[/URL]
Wed 20/07/05 at 12:46
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Vergil wrote:
> You should always look in the window sils, and any gaps if you stay
> in a villa over there, as there are some spiders called brown
> recluses. With just one bite, your arm goes puffy and swolen, and it
> causes a blood clot. So, you need to see a doctor immediately if that
> happens.

I've stayed in a villa in Florida a couple of times. Came across a few spiders but they seemed harmless enough.

The real offenders were the earwigs. They'd come from the grass through the mesh of the pool house and crawl into the pool. They're revolting, some of them were nearly two inches long. Some days when I went for a swim there'd be twenty or thirty of them and I'd have to waste half an hour scooping them all out.

We saw an enormous cockroach there as well. Big fat thing it was, just running around on the walls of the garage.

The little lizards that run about all over the place are funny. Have to watch out for them though, wouldn't want to tread on one.
Wed 20/07/05 at 11:06
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Which apparantly, they do.

Any spider bigger than a thumb-tack is an enemy and must be destroyed. I don't mind daddy-long-legs or craneflies though.

Funny story actually. I went camping last weekend with a mate, and on one night, I went to visit the loos. Inside was a large fat red flying insect almost the size of my fist.

I want it dead.
Wed 20/07/05 at 10:52
Regular
If you leave them alone they could climb onto your ceiling and divebomb into your gaping gob whilst you snore.
Wed 20/07/05 at 10:43
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I hate spiders :(
Wed 20/07/05 at 10:10
Regular
"That's right!"
Not a fan of spiders but I'll leave them alone. There's been a huge increase in spiders and insects in general since my cat passed on, she must've been eating them by the bucket load.

In fact I used to set her on spiders if I saw them. She'd play with them before munching down. Nice kitty.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.