GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pop-up? On the PS2?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/06/01 at 13:37
Regular
I bought craxy taxi for the PS2 yesterday and I am very disapointed with myself. This is not because the game is bad which it certainly isn't. I am disapointed because I have subcontiously joined the ranks of those who say that graphics do not matter. I used to be against this arguement but I now forgive crazy taxi for its terrible pop-up in favour of admiring its gameplay and addictiveness. Has this happened to anyone else? How can I possibly forgive pop-up in this day and age?
Sun 03/06/01 at 13:37
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
I bought craxy taxi for the PS2 yesterday and I am very disapointed with myself. This is not because the game is bad which it certainly isn't. I am disapointed because I have subcontiously joined the ranks of those who say that graphics do not matter. I used to be against this arguement but I now forgive crazy taxi for its terrible pop-up in favour of admiring its gameplay and addictiveness. Has this happened to anyone else? How can I possibly forgive pop-up in this day and age?
Sun 03/06/01 at 13:39
Regular
Graphics do not make games which is why Pokemon is one of the best games ever and surpasses games with proper 3d graphics
Sun 03/06/01 at 13:42
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Crazy Taxi on the PS2 is a PERFECT conversion with exactly the same draw-distance. The PS2 can draw further but for some reason known only to the developers it is identical.
Sun 03/06/01 at 13:44
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
Dringo wrote:
> Graphics do not make games which is why Pokemon is one of the best
> games ever and surpasses games with proper 3d graphics

Ok it was good for a while but best game ever, come on!
Sun 03/06/01 at 13:46
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Metal Gear Solid is the best game ever.
Sun 03/06/01 at 13:52
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
turbonutter wrote:
> Metal Gear Solid is the best game ever.

YES!!! Thats more like it! Is metal gear 2 going to be as good? I have only seen one video that doesn't show much as it is just snake walking along a bridge in a cloak accompanied by strange music. Damn that secretive Hideo Kojima. Sorry Kojima-san I did not mean it, grovel grovel, please make it as good.
Tue 05/06/01 at 16:03
Regular
Pop up, is not caused by the console, but by bad programming or compenstating for other formats.
Tue 05/06/01 at 16:07
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
Bonus wrote:
> Pop up, is not caused by the console, but by bad programming or
> compenstating for other formats.

Yeah, its all Acclaims fault. Anyway I am now getting bored of crazy taxi and thought I'd use this topic to ask if anyone has any records that they think are good, either high scores or crazy box records? I won't put mine on just yet in case they suck ;)
Tue 05/06/01 at 16:07
Graphics do make a game better better but if it is good enogh it should b able 2 survive.
Tue 05/06/01 at 16:21
Regular
I was thinking about draw distance today as I was walking home... Might write a topic later.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.