GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sceptic or Believer?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/07/05 at 14:59
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I have had many strange occurances happen in my life that I can't explain. I'm currently into the paranormal programmes on TV. I go to websites with "evidence".

I can say that I am a believer, but most of my friends are skeptics and really don't care about the subject. So what does the world of SR think?
Sat 23/07/05 at 12:51
Regular
"SOUP!"
I think the whole 'orbs' thing is rubbish, it's pieces of dust that reflect the camera flash and they peg it down as "concentrated energy" - no, it really isn't. Hence how they always find orbs in old places where there is abundance of dust...

The whole most haunted thing is a load of rubbish, it's just selling something that's interested to people. It's meant to be taken with a pinch of salt I think. That Derek bloke is so ridiculous. "Whats that Sam? You're been kidnapped by Mexicans?" Die already.

However I do beleive in some sort of ghosts/presences/whatever - I don't think spirits appear with intention of watching over us, people see their dead relatives because they are thinking about them and they see/hear something that reminds them of them and 'bam' its a vision. Nope, it really isnt. Ouija boards are the same thing, they've got a stigma about them and people expect things to happen. The glass being pushed happens due to either someone who isn't taking it seriously manipulating the board, or slight movements in peoples hands due to nervousness which the other members accodate, this is all subconcious so people pass it off as ghostyness.

My explaination for ghosts is that the world exists on multiple timescales, in turn there are many different existances in the same place occuring at different times - there is no real solid evidence here, but nothing to disprove it until science allows for a vehicle to travel faster than the speed of light. So in turn these multiple existances occuring paralell to one another have instances where the lines between them are blurred and for a brief moment you can see into another existance. This would explain how ghosts aren't usually aware of other presences and how they are able to be photographed and distorted colours because of the 'thing' making the two existances blur it would require a massive electrical charge (I think).
It would also explain how nobody has ever being able to touch a ghost or vice-versa (because the human body isn't a great vehicle for dimension-hopping).

My idea is deliciously far-fetched, but perhaps there's more logic to it that the "OMFG GHOSTIES" approach television shows like to have.
Sat 23/07/05 at 12:44
Regular
"Jackpot!"
It seems strange, but it is meant to show more in your head about these things anyway.

Glad you had a good trip.
Sat 23/07/05 at 12:24
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I've just come back from swansea University Residential trip with my sixth form. The house I stayed in had this weird, but warm presence - I didn't really feel afraid and it seemed safe. But later on in the trip, I felt this mischievious presence and had an image of a man with a real creepy smile in my head. Sounds weird but everytime something bad happened he appeared with a smile. Maybe it could be tiredness or loneliness - but I was genuinely nervous. The trip was cool though!
Sat 23/07/05 at 11:53
Regular
"Jackpot!"
It's so easy to manipulate images though. I mean, I just did one, and it looks ok, but unfortunately I can't show you the link, as it is too long for the forums to allow.
Sat 23/07/05 at 11:24
Regular
Alfonse wrote:
> There's a statue of an angel in a graveyard near my school. Its eyes
> follow you everywhere and it turns to look at you if you walk behind
> it.
> Seriously creepy.

It's probably the Vicar watching the kiddies through his graveyard camera network.
Sat 23/07/05 at 10:34
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Yea, I believe in stuff like that.
I haven't really experienced deja vu though. I just get what my gran used to have sometimes...when you can tell exactly what will happen, a few seconds before it does. I've also had a few ghostly things happen to me, but they are really dodgy, like I was outside once when I was younger, cleaning out my toy box, and the wind blew, and something whispered my name, but quite loudly. Anyway, I looked around and nothing was there. There are 2 or 3 other things that have happened as well.
Sat 23/07/05 at 09:31
Regular
There's a statue of an angel in a graveyard near my school. Its eyes follow you everywhere and it turns to look at you if you walk behind it.
Seriously creepy.
Sat 23/07/05 at 02:53
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Mr. GTA wrote:
> One of my schoolfriends saw a black figure in his hotel bedroom.

Explanation:

Mirror + darkness
Mon 18/07/05 at 22:51
Regular
Mr. GTA wrote:
> One of my schoolfriends saw a Black figure in his hotel
> bedroom.

There isn't one black person in Blackpool, so unless ghosts migrate, it was probably just The Man, who likes to frighten people and lives near Hounds Hill.
Mon 18/07/05 at 22:41
Regular
I wanna be a skeptic..but, I think I'm a believer. Heh.

Whatever happened to that gal last year who did number readings around here?? Does anyone remember that?? She gave you a reading based on the number that you posted in her thread. That was just so damn interesting. Is she still around? Gosh..I wish I could remember her name.

I guess there's no time like present for an archive safari..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.