GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I took the Tube today..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/07/05 at 19:24
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Now I didn't think I was being particularly brave and neither did the other 30 people on the tube. But to be honest. I was expecting a packed out tube between 8-9:30 yet I had enough room for a seat and seats space. There was no-one looking around nervously, everyone just buried their heads in their paperor book. I supose they're not the type if they're actually on the tube anyway.

Basically it was a luxury ride, but as I took the rail link across a bridge I saw many many people walking. This disappointed me alot. I expect people to be fighting this. Not cowering away and walking to work. Perhaps safe than sorry, but if you got run over, you wouldn't be afraid of cars, would you?

Anyway. Back to the story, London's great despite the crap bits. I'm proud and glad I live here in the end. It's all worth it for summer days like today, eating freshly made sandwiches in a private garden/park in Regents Park.
Mon 11/07/05 at 22:23
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Also, smart advice I got today:

"Since my IRA scare days, I know whenever I go on a busy tube, to get on the back."

This was backed up by the idea, that if the terrorists want maximum deaths and impact, they'll put it in the middle or front.

Therefore even if you're afraid, just get on the back...
Mon 11/07/05 at 22:21
Regular
"Colourless"
I wanted to get the Picadilly line yesterday but was closed completely.... Ended up getting the Victoria line. Twas fine really... The doors didn't open at Kings Cross which was odd, and the conductors etc really don't help the situation by announcing every 5 seconds that some trains weren't working due to incidents on thursday. BECAUSE I'M SURE SOME PEOPLE HAVEN'T HEARD....

On another point, got the overground for a part of my journey, and at one stop the doors weren't working, but at another they announced "for security reasons the doors will only be open for 30 seconds at this station." Huh...?
Mon 11/07/05 at 22:15
Regular
I don't mean any offence to anyone by the following remark, but it's stupid that everyone is now walking.

If no-one gets the tube, then why would terrorists bomb it again?
They're more likely to bomb (ie missle) somewhere or something, then you'd be more safe on the tube.

It's a lose lose situation, really.

There's always the chance that you could get killed by some terrorist act of some sort whereever you are.

It's something that's always on teh back of my mind, but I don't let it affect me, I just get on with life.

I've even been in/near a few bomb scares (one at the airport just as I was about to board (and yeah, it wasn't a real bomb, but it was a scare and stuff, that's close enough)), I still got on the plane though, they could blow up the plane, or they could blow up the airport.
They could blow up the walkway to the plane even, but there's an extremely slim chance (smaller than winning the lottery I think) that something like that will kill you, so why change your daily routine because of it?

Yeah, now go ahead and laugh at me for spouting rubbish.
Mon 11/07/05 at 22:05
Regular
"cachoo"
It is scary. My workplace changed the security alert back to amber again today, so it makes you feel uneasy until you leave the place, getting all nervous if you hear the slightest noise.

Good for you, Clazon. Fair enough to those who don't want to take the train, or even the bus, it's pretty understandable.
Mon 11/07/05 at 21:15
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Went out earlier, wasn't on the bus for 5 minutes before some conductor comes on and says "You're being diverted, a suspect package has been handed in/found in Uxbridge" now i'm well aware that people are alert and will likely report anything vaguely suspicious but it was the last thing i wanted to hear.
Mon 11/07/05 at 21:02
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
God Bless Amenglander.
Mon 11/07/05 at 20:07
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Central London was still packed on Friday afternoon, only a day after it happened. Kinda makes me proud to be British, the fact that we will not walk or cycle to work, even if it means being blown up by a suicide bomber. There were policemen everywhere though, which felt a bid odd.
Mon 11/07/05 at 19:46
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
*shrugs*
Tottenham Court Road was fine on Saturday when I went. I try my best not to use the tube during rush hour at the best of times, so enjoy the quiet - no doubt it'll be back to 400people per cubic inch in a few days when we have a different atrocity to focus on
Mon 11/07/05 at 19:44
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I thought Tottenham areas having major problems though (???), so maybe it's just a case that not everyone could use the tube if they wanted to?

Sure as hell better going on a transport service that can cope with its customers though. That's for sure.
Mon 11/07/05 at 19:34
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Was even quieter on Saturday. Between Loughton & Tottenham Court there must've been about 7 people on my carriage, which is pretty sparse for lunchtime.
But then you can hardly blame people for not wanting to just yet, it only happened Thursday and it's natural people will be skittish for a while.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.