GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I took the Tube today..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/07/05 at 19:24
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Now I didn't think I was being particularly brave and neither did the other 30 people on the tube. But to be honest. I was expecting a packed out tube between 8-9:30 yet I had enough room for a seat and seats space. There was no-one looking around nervously, everyone just buried their heads in their paperor book. I supose they're not the type if they're actually on the tube anyway.

Basically it was a luxury ride, but as I took the rail link across a bridge I saw many many people walking. This disappointed me alot. I expect people to be fighting this. Not cowering away and walking to work. Perhaps safe than sorry, but if you got run over, you wouldn't be afraid of cars, would you?

Anyway. Back to the story, London's great despite the crap bits. I'm proud and glad I live here in the end. It's all worth it for summer days like today, eating freshly made sandwiches in a private garden/park in Regents Park.
Tue 12/07/05 at 14:51
Regular
A bit too close to the event though.

You never know if someone in teh pub happens to know someone caught up in the blasts.

I laughed though,.
Tue 12/07/05 at 14:45
Regular
"you've got a beard"
team name in the pub quiz on sunday: "has anyone seen my briefcase?, i think i left it at kings cross"

not overly funny, but it pleased me how quickly we as a nation seem to stop whining and get on with things.
Tue 12/07/05 at 09:58
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
> Clazon wrote:
> I took the Tube today...
>
> Hope you lubed first.

I was going to make that joke, but it would have been too painful for myself (No lube joke intended) and everyone else.
Tue 12/07/05 at 08:23
Regular
Apparently there's a million to one chance that a bomb will make its way through security onto a plane. So if you smuggle a bomb on board, then you're completely safe, because the chances of there being 2 bombs on board is astrnomical....
Tue 12/07/05 at 01:38
munn wrote:
> It's a kind of weird thing that's difficult to explain.
>
> Basically, they're going to bomb whereever teh masses go, whether it
> be on foot, on buses or by train/tube, so you might as well take your
> chances, because.... bah, it's too difficult to explain.
>

First local screening of Sin City. That was packed.
Tue 12/07/05 at 00:50
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Clazon wrote:
> I took the Tube today...

Hope you lubed first.
Tue 12/07/05 at 00:19
Regular
It's a kind of weird thing that's difficult to explain.

Basically, they're going to bomb whereever teh masses go, whether it be on foot, on buses or by train/tube, so you might as well take your chances, because.... bah, it's too difficult to explain.

They're not going to bomb teh tube if everyone walks, they'll just do something where everyone's walking, and they're not going to let of some virus in the air if everyone's on teh tube, so whatever everyone does is the most unsafe place to be.

Gah.
Explanation difficulty is annoying.

and you're right, it doesn't maek sense.

That's why I added my last sentence.

I'm a very confusing person.
Mon 11/07/05 at 23:17
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
munn wrote:
> If no-one gets the tube, then why would terrorists bomb it again?

I've spent the last five minutes trying to figure out that sentence.
Mon 11/07/05 at 22:33
Regular
"Colourless"
Well I thought it was a common theory to not get on at the front, then if the train crashes... but maybe that's just people I know....

I had my backpack and my phone was in there, and I kept checking my bag for the time as I was really tight for my overground train (which I missed, and I got shifty eyes then....
Mon 11/07/05 at 22:28
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Colourless wrote:
> The doors didn't open at Kings Cross which was odd, and the
> conductors etc really don't help the situation by announcing every 5
> seconds that some trains weren't working due to incidents on
> thursday. BECAUSE I'M SURE SOME PEOPLE HAVEN'T HEARD....

I was just irritated that they kept playing it over and over. Especially with emphasis on "incident".

Also, another reason I posted this was to talk about a stupid fat woman. She got on, drinking her Oasis, with her arms snug against herself. Mousish even, but she was fat. She had a fat head and fat body (the kind you think she must be greasy and flubbily). Still no problem with it, until she started doing feckin' shifty eyes, as if she was worried. Looking for suspects and scared. The fear was clear for all to see in her eyes. It didn't scare me, but it just annoyed me. It was a bloody rail train outside New Cross Gate (way-out in regards terrorist targets).

Gah.

What I'd hate to see now is some "joker" mocking the bombing and setting off his own smallish one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.