GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Need help getting rid of a search toolbar"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/07/05 at 12:43
"Was the man of marz"
Basically, was surfing the net and those usual 'do you want to install' messages came up. I clicked no but a search toolbar with loads of links showed up. This isn't the problem. Since this 'Searchtoolbar' has showed up, a trojan alert appears virtually everytime I open a new browser opened, and AVG is incapable to heal, delete or move it. Just now I signed into SR chat forums and was redirected to a poker site. Usually you can right click in the browser to unselect toolbars you do't want, but everything is shaded grey. Also, in add/remove programs there is nothing. Apart from something called Wareout which searched the computer when I wasn't looking and wanted to erase important files.

Well getting rid of that spoof scanner was easy but the toolbar is a lot more tricky due to the fact it doesn't seem to be found by spybot, ad-aware or a-squared, and spy doctor which usually sorts bull like this out now has a 'problem unpacking'. Final clue to what might be going on is the fact Ikeep on getting this 'windows firewall message' talking of unusual activity. Now on windows 98se with zone alarm it doesn't take a genius to realise this is a load of rubbish. So, any help would be greatly appreciated, and maybe there might be a free trip to New york to sort out the guy behind this

Bless the Whois database
Mon 11/07/05 at 14:28
"Was the man of marz"
Cong_Man wrote:
> One of 'em will get it.

Ad-aware, spybot, Asquared and even the AOL spyware finder haven't. If spydoctor was working I'd put my money on it, nut I keep on getting a code 4 error
Mon 11/07/05 at 14:25
Regular
"..."
I think a fully updated Spybot should get rid of this for you. otherwise try Microsoft AntiSpyware and/or AdAware.

One of 'em will get it.
Mon 11/07/05 at 14:23
"Was the man of marz"
Damarus wrote:
> Is it listed in Add/Remove programs?

Nah. Unfortuently it's not. Maybe unrelated but Word no longer loads.

BTW, I think I'll give spysweeper a miss because a) it's not free and b) I think my three other spy apps would have found it if possible
Mon 11/07/05 at 13:34
Download spysweeper or something and see if that removes it
Mon 11/07/05 at 13:30
Regular
Is it listed in Add/Remove programs?
Mon 11/07/05 at 12:43
"Was the man of marz"
Basically, was surfing the net and those usual 'do you want to install' messages came up. I clicked no but a search toolbar with loads of links showed up. This isn't the problem. Since this 'Searchtoolbar' has showed up, a trojan alert appears virtually everytime I open a new browser opened, and AVG is incapable to heal, delete or move it. Just now I signed into SR chat forums and was redirected to a poker site. Usually you can right click in the browser to unselect toolbars you do't want, but everything is shaded grey. Also, in add/remove programs there is nothing. Apart from something called Wareout which searched the computer when I wasn't looking and wanted to erase important files.

Well getting rid of that spoof scanner was easy but the toolbar is a lot more tricky due to the fact it doesn't seem to be found by spybot, ad-aware or a-squared, and spy doctor which usually sorts bull like this out now has a 'problem unpacking'. Final clue to what might be going on is the fact Ikeep on getting this 'windows firewall message' talking of unusual activity. Now on windows 98se with zone alarm it doesn't take a genius to realise this is a load of rubbish. So, any help would be greatly appreciated, and maybe there might be a free trip to New york to sort out the guy behind this

Bless the Whois database

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.