GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Need help getting rid of a search toolbar"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/07/05 at 12:43
"Was the man of marz"
Basically, was surfing the net and those usual 'do you want to install' messages came up. I clicked no but a search toolbar with loads of links showed up. This isn't the problem. Since this 'Searchtoolbar' has showed up, a trojan alert appears virtually everytime I open a new browser opened, and AVG is incapable to heal, delete or move it. Just now I signed into SR chat forums and was redirected to a poker site. Usually you can right click in the browser to unselect toolbars you do't want, but everything is shaded grey. Also, in add/remove programs there is nothing. Apart from something called Wareout which searched the computer when I wasn't looking and wanted to erase important files.

Well getting rid of that spoof scanner was easy but the toolbar is a lot more tricky due to the fact it doesn't seem to be found by spybot, ad-aware or a-squared, and spy doctor which usually sorts bull like this out now has a 'problem unpacking'. Final clue to what might be going on is the fact Ikeep on getting this 'windows firewall message' talking of unusual activity. Now on windows 98se with zone alarm it doesn't take a genius to realise this is a load of rubbish. So, any help would be greatly appreciated, and maybe there might be a free trip to New york to sort out the guy behind this

Bless the Whois database
Tue 12/07/05 at 01:00
Regular
"Captain to you."
just a sec i will see how it works.
Tue 12/07/05 at 00:49
"Was the man of marz"
It says 'no dll names specified' when opening Regsvr32. Should I carry on?
Tue 12/07/05 at 00:42
Regular
"Captain to you."
reading that link again i think i know why, it's talking about somehing called 'abxtoolbar'.

Search toolbar [URL]http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/pest.aspx?id=453075468[/URL] have a check for those files and entries. You might have to do it in safe mode or with IE closed so i suggest copy to notepad.
Tue 12/07/05 at 00:38
"Was the man of marz"
Chippxero wrote:
> Has the information there stopped it?

No. Been through the Regedit and there are none of those entries. If only Reg mechanic and spy doctor was working
Tue 12/07/05 at 00:23
Regular
"Captain to you."
Has the information there stopped it?
Tue 12/07/05 at 00:15
"Was the man of marz"
munn wrote:
> Open your browser, click View Toolbarsand deselect the offending
> article.
>
> Like magick.

It's shaded oot!

Done an online scan and this came up [URL]http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/pest.aspx?id=453094245[/URL]
Tue 12/07/05 at 00:11
Regular
Open your browser, click View > Toolbars> and deselect the offending article.

Like magick.

No doubt it won't work, but who knows? It doesn't sound like you've tried it.
Mon 11/07/05 at 23:03
Regular
"Captain to you."
Go to [URL]http://www.pandasoftware.com/home/default.asp[/URL] and run their free pc scan see if anything turns up.

Before you do, do a disk clean up and a defrag if it needs it.
Mon 11/07/05 at 23:00
Regular
"Colourless"
Had that exact thing happen to my pc a couple of weeks back. Trojan had infested and was everywhere... Had to have the whole thing wiped....
Mon 11/07/05 at 22:57
Regular
"^_^"
Buy a new pc

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.