GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"San Andreas IGN Review"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Tue 26/10/04 at 09:05
Regular
[URL]http://ps2.ign.com/articles/559/559560p1.html[/URL]

9.9/10

w00t :D
Tue 26/10/04 at 22:55
"no loading screens to be found except for when transitioning to the indoors or when activating missions at a key point"

I like.

After first being convinced this game would be ruined, I'm kinda looking forward to it now...

EDIT: Now it makes a bit more sense...

AfroJoe, will you be going to CA Games to pick this up? Are you even getting it?
Tue 26/10/04 at 22:55
Noooo, truly disappointed, I expected nothing less than ten. It's off my Christmas list now, I'm sooooo hurt.
Tue 26/10/04 at 22:43
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
9.9? *sighs and remembers why he stopped going to IGN for decent reviews ages ago*
Tue 26/10/04 at 21:03
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
9.9 is too high for any game really.
Tue 26/10/04 at 20:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
What Tiltawhirl said - more of the same, but bigger and a bit smoother.

Convinced me.
Tue 26/10/04 at 15:37
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> The collectables on previous games were just a big fat pain in the
> ass.

Why? You didn't have to find all of them, just that if you did then you'd get guns at your base which you could stock up on which was easier than finding them hidden around the game.

> Anyone who actually went to the trouble of finding all those hidden
> packages should really get out more

I think that statement applies to all people who play games, you and me included :)
Tue 26/10/04 at 14:00
Regular
The collectables on previous games were just a big fat pain in the ass.

Anyone who actually went to the trouble of finding all those hidden packages should really get out more, it wasn't even like finding them was in the slightest bit enjoyable.
Tue 26/10/04 at 13:59
Regular
"Bicycle"
Ugh, I have to wait until Sunday to play it...
Tue 26/10/04 at 13:46
Regular
Games don't get 9.6 on Gamespot without being special, nore do they get a 10 for value without a hell of a lot depth.

Then there are all the special jumps, graffiti sections, collectables, bikes and the like. I can't wait.
Tue 26/10/04 at 13:36
Regular
Reefer wrote:
> 100 missions is more than enough.

When you think that the previous games had around 70 missions each and they're said to be 1/5 of the size, to me that signals a lot of areas with jack all to do in them.

Hopefully I'm wrong though.

The combine harvester sounds like a lot of fun!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.