GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"San Andreas IGN Review"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Tue 26/10/04 at 09:05
Regular
[URL]http://ps2.ign.com/articles/559/559560p1.html[/URL]

9.9/10

w00t :D
Tue 26/10/04 at 23:57
Regular
"The Red Shift"
WOW!

That's huge.

Simple as.
Tue 26/10/04 at 23:53
[URL]http://img88.exs.cx/img88/3175/radarFULL_by-jpx.png[/URL]

Map. Click if you really want to...

Look how much random empty space there is. The Urban size doesn't look that much bigger than Vice City. If those are the three cities, they don't look very big at all. I hope the black lines are main roads and there are LOTS of alleys, otherwise very disappointing. Must be very zoomed out if it was to take half an hour to travel from one corner to another though.

*SPOILER*

Apparantly there's an Area 51 style place, anyone spot it?
Tue 26/10/04 at 23:43
Regular
"Bicycle"
I'm not home 'til Sunday. Should be delivered Friday or Saturday though.
Tue 26/10/04 at 23:38
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Coin wrote:
> Ugh, I have to wait until Sunday to play it...

I'm hoping to get it on Saturday at the latest. I'm on holiday now and I'm all set.

:)
Tue 26/10/04 at 23:37
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Might I ask what CA Games is and why it's so special.

*It's a kilty boys thing, I'm sure.
:)
Tue 26/10/04 at 23:37
Mmm, but knowing their eagerness to put out games before their selling date, you still might be able to get it before Friday...

I'm going to pop down to G-Force on Thursday as they might have it. They had PES3 a couple of days before it's release date, so I can hope.

If not I'll just get it on Saturday. Having PES4 it's not like I'll be bored anyway...
Tue 26/10/04 at 23:33
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
down wrote:
> AfroJoe, will you be going to CA Games to pick this up? Are you even
> getting it?

Might be. Tried to put my name down but the guy said the list is already overly full. He said there would be a lot of extra copies in so if I was lucky I'd get one. So I'll be going up, yeah, but probably won't be able to get a copy because no doubt it'll sell out too fast.
Tue 26/10/04 at 23:27
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Reefer wrote:
> 100 missions is more than enough.
>
> When you think that the previous games had around 70 missions each
> and they're said to be 1/5 of the size, to me that signals a lot of
> areas with jack all to do in them.
>
> Hopefully I'm wrong though.
>
> The combine harvester sounds like a lot of fun!

I heard previous games had about 50 and SA has about 150?

Besides, the wasted areas in VC weren't wasted by me. It's always fun causing havoc with the features of a little pocket of the town set away from anything useful, like missions etc.
Tue 26/10/04 at 23:21
Regular
"Bicycle"
What's the point of a two player rampage? If there rest of the game is single player, then having to get someone else just to do a few rampages, which are probably spaced out along the game, seems idiotic.

Ah well, it's Rockstar, so it's to be expected...
Tue 26/10/04 at 23:11
B. Rampages

There are rampages in San Andreas, different kinds now. Car rampages,
on foot rampages, chopper rampages, bike rampages, and even...get his
people: TWO PLAYER RAMPAGES. Holy sh--dookie!

No bad...

For more information, go to gamefaqs.com. The walkthrough is pretty good, but of course there are spoilers, yada yada yada.

I averted my eyes at the mission bit but i did look at the air vehicles section and WOW. Can't wait...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.