GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Looks like the SR store room needs a clear out."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/07/05 at 19:56
Regular
[URL]http://ukclearance.com/search.php?mach=gamecube&sortorder=2a[/URL]

No real surprises, although some a worth a look.
BloodRayne's worth a £7 and even Turok is worth a small £1.99, although I hear that SR charge P&P nowdays...

If you haven't picked up Metroid Prime and Eternal Darkness yet then now looks like a good time. Viewtiful Joe's going cheap. Maybe I'll nab it if I grab a job this summer...
Tue 12/07/05 at 12:03
Regular
"Divine Davine"
No, that's the Campaigner - the Mother boss is in Turok 2, and it swings on the ceiling, thrusting it's balls at you (and why it is called the Mother boss, don't ask me, lol).

Yeah the Nintendo 64 was a little underappreciated, despite having some absolute belters on it. The most underappreciated console in the world, though, has got to be the Dreamcast.

There I was, plugging away at two of the most unpopular consoles on the market at the time, and there everyone else was, all plugging away at the Playstation. Thank god I converted many of mates to get an N64 - Mario Party 2, Mario Kart, Mario Golf, Wave Race and Perfect Dark are all honourable mentions in terms of the being the best multiplayer games.
Tue 12/07/05 at 11:53
"Tesco value"
[URL]http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.gamespot.com/features/vgs/n64/turok/img/boss/camp_2t.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.gamespot.com/features/vgs/n64/turok/bosses.html&h=83&w=110&sz=12&tbnid=mxNOO_ah6NgJ:&tbnh=60&tbnw=80&hl=en&start=3&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dturok%2B2%2Bboss%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26safe%3Doff%26rls%3DDVXA,DVXA:2004-44,DVXA:en%26sa%3DN[/URL]

this one?

rage wars was awful, no single player element. it sucked the proverbial
ass.

my sole reason for buying a DS was for the hope goldeneye 64 would be released on it. Could you imagine wi fi multiplayer?
me and my mates always used to play it on the 64, it was good except being able to see other peoples screens! so the DS would have it sussed.

People knock the 64, but it's good a load of good memories for me, which other consoles have failed to reached. Perhaps it was the advance in the graphics that initally done it, but wow, what a console!
Tue 12/07/05 at 11:42
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Oh my god, I remember when I played Mario 64 for the first time in Electronics Boutique; they played it on the big screen just for me (;p) and it just blew me away.

As for Turok, the second game in the series was most definitely my favourite. I personally found the darker atmosphere far more absorbing, and the amount of gore involved within completely surpasses the original's. And with the expansion pack - man, I couldn't believe it!
Turok 3 sucked however - they killed off the most important and loved character of the series and the atmosphere was a bit boring, ontop with a pretty appalling frame rate.

Also, going back to Turok 2, does anyone remember the Mother boss? Whoa momma!
Tue 12/07/05 at 11:31
"Tesco value"
The original Turok was good on the N64, if perhaps a little foggy to hide the draw distances. I completed the game then just stuck to one particular level with all the dinosaurs and used the bow and arrow.
The models had specific hit points, and one well placed arrow to the heart downed them in one, took some skill but you could pace around the level knocking them all dead, amazing!

Turok 2 was ok, but that was always dark, didn't like the enemys as much, much prefered hunting dinosaurs then funny looking men.
I remember reading gamesmaster when it reviewed it, and finally getting the game to experiance the cerebal bore, and the whiny noise it made and gushing of blood.

I also remember reading a review of Mario 64, and just staring at the screenshots thinking it was the most amazing graphics i'd ever seen.

no graphics impressed me more than experiencing mario 64 for the first time
Sun 10/07/05 at 17:41
Regular
"8==="
Completely different styles.
Sun 10/07/05 at 16:58
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
seeds of evil was good to an extent, but with it always going to be compared to its rival shooter, goldeneye, it never stood a chance really. in parts, u could just be wodnering around turok without a clue.
Sun 10/07/05 at 16:12
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Turok has to be one of my favourite game franchises.

At the time, I held an opinion of Dinosaur Hunter almost as high as Goldeneye. It had the same incredible replay value. Once I'd finished it I used to love whacking in the ultimate cheat and just having hours of dino blasting fun. I can still remember the cheat as well...

Seeds Of Evil was staggeringly good. No FPS since has really impressed me in quite the same way. It had the best selection of weapons ever on any game, and there were a few nice little features in there such as being able to ride a cannon wielding dinosaur.

Then of course there was Rage Wars, which was a very strongly multiplayer orientated game that I was a little disappointed with. It didn't have the class of it's predecessors.

Shadow Of Oblivion wasn't too bad from what I remember. Yes, it was far too futuristic and did move a bit too far away from the Turok universe that we knew, but on it's own it remains a very good game.

I suppose Evolution was a bit of a letdown. Sub-standard visuals compared to the FPS competition such as Metroid Prime. If you could ignore the fact that it looked uglier than Fearne Cotton wearing a swim-hat and the collision detection was a bit messy, then there was still a monumental amount of fun to be had, and for that price you'd have to be a fool not buy it.
Sun 10/07/05 at 15:56
Regular
omg i was only 10/11 years old, i shat my pants at mother, oh the memories, i swear the graphics of mother was just as good as early ps2 graphics, think i might plug my n64 in : )
Sun 10/07/05 at 13:52
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Ah Turok 2 is an absolute belter of a game. Waaaay preferred it to Goldeneye at the time and even now (don't hurt me please!), but the levels were like 4 hours long, with very few save points. The bosses were soooo hard aswell - remember the Mother boss? Took me about 50 times!
Sun 10/07/05 at 12:19
Regular
i really enjoyed the jungle levels of Evolution, everything else was very average, Turok 2 one of the best games on N64, it was hard yes but that was good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.