GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Luis Luis Figo"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/07/05 at 18:37
Regular
[URL]http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=290064&cpid=8&CLID=&lid=2&title=Figo+agrees+Reds+deal&channel=football_home[/URL]

Apologies for starting so many topics, I'll stop now, honest. I just wanted to make it known how much I LOVE this transfer. Luis Figo is a god, we all know this.

And Carra has signed a new contract.

Ooh-hoo-ha-ha, happy happy happy week (since U-Turn Wednesday) for me so far.

Friday - We sign Nesta
Saturday - We sign Rosicky
Sunday - "It was a joke, we haven't really signed you, get out of Melwood, Zenden!"
Mon 11/07/05 at 22:18
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Colourless likes a good scrap. It's like mass friendly rivalry.
Mon 11/07/05 at 22:17
Regular
"The Red Shift"
*Note* Going on last season ALONE (seeing as it's the most recent prolonged spell)

:Stryke wrote:
> He scored
> a few goals for Southampton. 'Played well in a poor team' blah blah
> blah.

That shows he can score goals even with poor service, so consider Gerrard + Crouch.

> An aerial striker? Morientes.
>
> He's alright with his first touch. But Morientes is far better.

Morientes had a pretty poor touch of the ball this year. He kept letting it run too far ahead of him and other noticable little flaws.

> Baros and Cisse both have better shots and they're far faster, as
> well as being physically stronger. As is Morientes.

But Cisse's shots were a little wayward this year. Also, in saying what you have said above, you could forsee Crouch going down easily and getting you freekicks like this year.

/playingdevilsadvocate
Mon 11/07/05 at 22:17
Regular
Am I supposed to read that, hang my head in shame and spend a year or so refining my comments? Instead, I'll carry on as I do in the vague hope that'll you'll snap out of the self-important quest you seem to be on to convince everyone here I'm not worth chatting to.
Mon 11/07/05 at 22:15
Regular
"Colourless"
Y'know I'm not sure I actually get your humour. It's not sarcasm and I you're not advanced enough for irony so.... :S
Mon 11/07/05 at 22:11
Regular
Colourless wrote:

> Oh and Stryke - don't flatter yourself son.....

--

Reply to someone else's posts then. Go on, it'll be fun, we can see if you actually know something instead of giving in to your Stryke-love.
Mon 11/07/05 at 22:08
Regular
"Colourless"
Huth is rated highly as a prospect but not as a big player for this season. The fans love him, but he's a bit like Glen Johnsen (he could bring down a player in the box at any moment). Gallas has been superb for us. I think he's better than Riccy, but Carvalho did improve towards the end of last season. Del Horno will play at left back until Bridge is fully fit, and if he performs well enough will probably keep Bridge out of the team. Taking how you see it as JT and Carvalho being first choice - Riccy will get injured at some point (cue Gallas to come in and take his place). But with a 50+ game season, I'm sure Jose will rotate Willy and Carvalho and they'll both play a fair bit.

Oh and Stryke - don't flatter yourself son.....
Mon 11/07/05 at 22:05
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Someone has to fill the void left by Heskey to give hope to all the little kiddies that if he can play for Liverpool then they can to one day.
Mon 11/07/05 at 22:02
Regular
Yeah, I saw the interview on Sky Sports News. It's bad news, but there's far worse news in that we've upped our bid for Peter Crouch. There's a prize for anyone who can tell me what this Aston Villa flop can bring to our team in the slightest. Seriously, come on. He scored a few goals for Southampton. 'Played well in a poor team' blah blah blah. I really have to ask, what can do for us? What job is he expected to fufill?

An aerial striker? Morientes.

He's alright with his first touch. But Morientes is far better.

Baros and Cisse both have better shots and they're far faster, as well as being physically stronger. As is Morientes.

Ridiculous.
Mon 11/07/05 at 21:02
Regular
"Mozzy"
Probably old news but I just heard on SSNews that Benitez reckons 'signing Figo is a big doubt'.
Mon 11/07/05 at 17:43
Regular
"Green & White Army"
Stryke wrote:
> Where did you read that then? If it's a reputable source, I'll believe
> you. I doubt Chelsea would've moved for a Valencia waster when they're
> closing in on Essien.

From the online edition of the Liverpool Echo which is right on all footballing matters about 90% of the time.

[URL]http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liverpoolfc/[/URL]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.