GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"LONDON EXPLODED!!!1"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/07/05 at 10:18
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
EDIT: Just pointing out that this post was made long before it was confirmed as intentional explosions.

Well, it has according to Sky News, the news vulture network. Huge red banners and claxons fill your eyes and ears whenever you skip past that channel. From a more reliable source (BBC News), I see there have been power surges and small explosions, which naturally have affected services.

This quote made me chortle:

"As I walked through the bus station I could see people lying on the ground, black, as if they'd been covered in smoke."

Obviously an out-of-towner.

Enjoy your day off work millions of Londoners!
Page:
Thu 07/07/05 at 21:52
Regular
"Colourless"
Enjoy your day off work?

So it was written before the news broke.... There is an edit button though...
Thu 07/07/05 at 21:50
Regular
"Not a Jew"
;}
Better RoJ in front of that than Knob eh?
Thu 07/07/05 at 21:49
Regular
"Twenty quid."
RoJ wrote:
> Beat you, Timboy.

Only because I let you, RoJockey.
Thu 07/07/05 at 21:39
Regular
"8==="
Colourless wrote:
> Not sure if I took the thread the wrong way. But the original post
> seems slightly insensitive....

Yeah you're right I picked up on that and a few of my posts were definitely insensitive.

Me and Monkey_Man are ass-hats.
Thu 07/07/05 at 21:34
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Beat you, Timboy.
Thu 07/07/05 at 21:32
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Colourless wrote:
> Not sure if I took the thread the wrong way. But the original post seems slightly insensitive....

I think monkey_boy made the first post before the full reality of what had happened came to light - at first it was thought to simply be National Grid power surges that tripped a load of circuit breakers.
Thu 07/07/05 at 21:32
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Yeah, but in all fairness monkey posted it before it became known what the hell happened.
Thu 07/07/05 at 21:26
Regular
"Colourless"
Not sure if I took the thread the wrong way. But the original post seems slightly insensitive....
Thu 07/07/05 at 19:04
Regular
"8==="
If the trains are running tomorrow I expect no bags/hand luggage etc will be allowed on.
Thu 07/07/05 at 18:02
"period drama"
I get the feeling this could just be a warning.
I mean ... as bad as it is / was ... it could have been a hell of a lot worse, very easily.

If they wanted to kill people, they haven't done very well.
And if they wanted to bring London to a standstill ... I suppose they did, if only for half a day, serving no real purpose.

But as a statement, it highlights just how easy it is to do something like this, because there is literally nothing anyone can do to stop it.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.