GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fable..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fable'.
Thu 28/10/04 at 15:40
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Is;

- Beautiful
- Clever
- Funny
- Disappointing
- RPG-Lite (Not a good thing)
- Intuitive - combat/magic is great
- Again, beautiful
- Good in some of its quests - boasts are good

Isn't;

- Engrossing AT ALL
- as fun as you all said it was
- Awful
- Seamless
- Brilliant
- great-in-it's-social-interactions-which was-the-main-thing-everybody-appeared-to-love

It's good in bits, rubbish in others. Looks/sounds/feels great. Social interactions suck - you tap some buttons until someone likes/hates you, and then run away to some new place - there's simply nothing to do of any real importance - sure you can say 'get drunk and listen to people laugh' etc, then 'go kill monsters while drunk' - doesn't make the game any more interesting.

Good, but nothing, nothing to what it was supposed to be - and that's not just in the missing features, it's also in the simple fact it's just not as good as it should be....

Anyone wanna buy? O, and Riddick too, which was also good, but I didn't love it much either.....
Thu 28/10/04 at 15:40
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Is;

- Beautiful
- Clever
- Funny
- Disappointing
- RPG-Lite (Not a good thing)
- Intuitive - combat/magic is great
- Again, beautiful
- Good in some of its quests - boasts are good

Isn't;

- Engrossing AT ALL
- as fun as you all said it was
- Awful
- Seamless
- Brilliant
- great-in-it's-social-interactions-which was-the-main-thing-everybody-appeared-to-love

It's good in bits, rubbish in others. Looks/sounds/feels great. Social interactions suck - you tap some buttons until someone likes/hates you, and then run away to some new place - there's simply nothing to do of any real importance - sure you can say 'get drunk and listen to people laugh' etc, then 'go kill monsters while drunk' - doesn't make the game any more interesting.

Good, but nothing, nothing to what it was supposed to be - and that's not just in the missing features, it's also in the simple fact it's just not as good as it should be....

Anyone wanna buy? O, and Riddick too, which was also good, but I didn't love it much either.....
Thu 28/10/04 at 15:52
Regular
I honestly think Fable is balls. OK, some of the accents are a little amusing, but it was seriously a prime example of over-hyping
Thu 28/10/04 at 16:06
Regular
To be honest, I was expecting it to be balls, but it's my favourite XBox game so far.
Thu 28/10/04 at 16:15
Regular
Yeah, I agree with Cyclone.
Thu 28/10/04 at 16:16
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Rickoss wrote:
> To be honest, I was expecting it to be balls, but it's my favourite
> XBox game so far.

I was expecting the other way around, even when it was revealed as limited to it's initial promised scope.

HOW can this be your favourite?

It looks and sounds good. Shame about the fact you can't do anything of any interest.
Thu 28/10/04 at 16:37
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
Cyclone wrote:
> >
> It looks and sounds good. Shame about the fact you can't do anything
> of any interest.

what like kill a whole village??
Thu 28/10/04 at 16:41
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hmm, yes. Because that makes the game better - killing off one of the pleasures of the game, the people in it. I can massacre a whole load of Balverines, and it'll have the exact same effect. Nada. Oh, maybe I'll be 'evil'.....
Thu 28/10/04 at 17:41
Regular
Just how much you can do really. It was never going to be completely open-ended, I just love how differnet you can end up each tiem you play through.

I can see why people wouldn't like it if they only played through it once and left it at that, but I intend to go through multiple times. I don't know, I just really, really like it. First game that's felt special for my XBox. Like when you play a Zelda title, even if you're not doing much, it just feels right.

Although this is just at the moment, once I've finished I could feel differently, but I doubt it.
Thu 28/10/04 at 17:48
Regular
""
Rickoss wrote:

> I can see why people wouldn't like it if they only played through it
> once and left it at that, but I intend to go through multiple times.

Ive only played through it once and finished but im still playing with that toon, having fun getting married and bonus games etc.
Thu 28/10/04 at 18:33
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
sad thing is most people miss the point of fable

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.