GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fable..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fable'.
Thu 28/10/04 at 15:40
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Is;

- Beautiful
- Clever
- Funny
- Disappointing
- RPG-Lite (Not a good thing)
- Intuitive - combat/magic is great
- Again, beautiful
- Good in some of its quests - boasts are good

Isn't;

- Engrossing AT ALL
- as fun as you all said it was
- Awful
- Seamless
- Brilliant
- great-in-it's-social-interactions-which was-the-main-thing-everybody-appeared-to-love

It's good in bits, rubbish in others. Looks/sounds/feels great. Social interactions suck - you tap some buttons until someone likes/hates you, and then run away to some new place - there's simply nothing to do of any real importance - sure you can say 'get drunk and listen to people laugh' etc, then 'go kill monsters while drunk' - doesn't make the game any more interesting.

Good, but nothing, nothing to what it was supposed to be - and that's not just in the missing features, it's also in the simple fact it's just not as good as it should be....

Anyone wanna buy? O, and Riddick too, which was also good, but I didn't love it much either.....
Fri 29/10/04 at 14:03
Regular
"8==="
Incredibly dull and uninteresting?

Exactly how long did you play it for?
Fri 29/10/04 at 14:05
Regular
Maybe 4 hours, not once in that time did I enjoy myself.
Fri 29/10/04 at 14:13
Regular
"8==="
Should've made a better character.

I gave my guy invisibility and some decent magical protection to start off with. Then I gradually wore my enemies down to start with, running off inviisble if I got too wounded, sometimes I'd just nick their stuff and then there was healing myself with the ring of healing I'd nicked early on etc.

No honour among thieves *Backstab*

Then my character got better and I started killing head honchos, guards and just about anyone who looked down on my character.

Now I'm branching out into spells, thievery etc.

Great stuff.
Fri 29/10/04 at 14:13
Regular
OOT > All.

End.
Fri 29/10/04 at 14:41
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I love Morrowind - played it for hoouurrss
Fri 29/10/04 at 15:41
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Morrowind > Deus Ex > Gladius > OOT

Hahahahaha.

Sorry.
Fri 29/10/04 at 16:01
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Should've made a better character.

What difference would that make to all the beardy nonsense that litters the game?

I just find the whole set-up stupidly boring and unintresting. Even if I did have a level 1000 wizard with level 6000 ork armour and the wand of beardy beardson, it wouldn't change the fact that the combat system sucks and the world is about as intresting as the back of a Bran Flakes carton.

Just my opinion though.
Fri 29/10/04 at 18:02
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
you hated the combat system???it works great!
Fri 29/10/04 at 19:18
Regular
"Unretired"
I finally gave in and got Fable yesterday, stayed up all night playing it and i'm impressed. Seems like the perfect blend of KOTOR and Morrowind.
Fri 29/10/04 at 19:29
Regular
"gsybe you!"
But it isn't.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.