GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sciene and religion"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/06/05 at 15:43
Regular
For some people it's straight forward, for some they're not bothered and those who can't decide (Agnostics), because I find that each of the topic need more info :

Science
1.The Big Bang Theory - a logical idea, but where does the all the matter in the univrse come from in the first place? Which is compressed in very small space and then exploded.

2.How did the first creatures came into existence out of a stable environment?

3.How did the Big Bang created resources on earth?
e.g metal ores, soil, etc

Religion
1.How did God appear in existence and then create life; perhaps something else created God?

2."God love and care" for people, yet if bad things happen to good people why doesn't God do something about it.

3.How does religion explains the end of life when the sun turns into a red giant and explodes creating a black hole and sucking anything near it?

Which leads me to conclude on my theory that:
God created Earth and all life, then let the people to decide whether they believe in God or not.
Assuming God is in existence, God thought about what life materials life would need and created them within Earth?
The end of life when the sun enlarges and the explodes, perhaps too many people sinned? God did not intend for life to carry on?

Any ideas?
Sun 03/07/05 at 09:40
Regular
down wrote:
> If God forgives, is there such a place as Hell?

He only forgives if you admit your sins and devote your life to God.
Sun 03/07/05 at 00:58
If God forgives, is there such a place as Hell?
Sun 03/07/05 at 00:12
Regular
Ant wrote:
> Hey, c'mon, he made you, and he gave you life! From His point of
> view, The least He can expect is for you to believe in Him and thank
> Him for it.

Why should he have such expectations of us?
Being love itself in it's purest form, why would God want something in return? Personally, I think God just wants the best for us.
Like you all were saying, these "rules" were more warnings and advice to guide us through life.

> He's not demanding to be 'worshipped,' most Christians simply want
> to. God just wants a relationship with you, and to know you believe
> in Him.

I think that he has a relationship with everyone, it's just that everyone sees him in their own way. Some recognise him as the Christian view of God, some might see him as their inner conscience, some might just see "mother nature", or whatever...

> I'm sure if you created something and gave it the freedom to do
> whatever it wished (eg. free will), you'd hope that they would
> believe in you and thank you for the opportunity you've given them.

Not especially. But say I did - being the all powerful, all knowing, one - if they didn't believe I existed then I wouldn't blame them because I'd understand their reason for it and decide whether I wanted to prove it too them, or just let them explore the world around them as they saw it.

Being in a band, if I saw someone nodding their head to my music I'd consider it appreciated, even though they had no thoughts about me or whoever made it, they were just appreciating the music.
I think that God would want us to appreciate life the way he made it for us and the way we are.

But even if I'm wrong on any of these points.
Does ANYONE deserve eternal damnation?
I don't think that even Hitler did...
I mean, eternity is a long time...
Sat 02/07/05 at 19:40
Regular
"Colourless"
Strafio wrote:
> The God of love gave us free will so he'd have an excuse to get angry
> when we don't do what he says?

Erm.... yeah that's it.... ^o)
Sat 02/07/05 at 19:15
Regular
Ant wrote:
>Hey, c'mon, he made you, and he gave you life! From His point of view, >The least He can expect is for you to believe in Him and thank Him for >it.

In Genesis ,I think, it does suggest that God knew people before they were born/created. And in my opinion it wouldnt bother God it they believe God.
Sat 02/07/05 at 17:13
Regular
"\\"
Ant wrote:
> Memorandum! wrote:
> I don't worship my parents and I very much doubt they'd want me to.
> For God to believe he's worthy of worship and deserves to be obeyed,
> he's more self interested than most humans.
>
> Hey, c'mon, he made you, and he gave you life! From His point of
> view, The least He can expect is for you to believe in Him and thank
> Him for it.

Wasn't that actualy his parents having sex, then the egg and sperm joining together?
Sat 02/07/05 at 16:11
Regular
"I like cheese"
Memorandum! wrote:
> I don't worship my parents and I very much doubt they'd want me to.
> For God to believe he's worthy of worship and deserves to be obeyed,
> he's more self interested than most humans.

Hey, c'mon, he made you, and he gave you life! From His point of view, The least He can expect is for you to believe in Him and thank Him for it.

He's not demanding to be 'worshipped,' most Christians simply want to. God just wants a relationship with you, and to know you believe in Him. I

I'm sure if you created something and gave it the freedom to do whatever it wished (eg. free will), you'd hope that they would believe in you and thank you for the opportunity you've given them.

Anyway, wooo, go Ginge and munn! :D
Sat 02/07/05 at 13:41
Regular
"bot"
munn wrote:
> How would your parents feel if you started going to other people's
> parents for everything rather than them (ie worshipping false idols),
> or if you killed your brother (because he's your parent's creation
> too), etc etc etc.

Who said anything about worshipping other people?
How about worshipping no-one?

I don't worship my parents and I very much doubt they'd want me to.
For God to believe he's worthy of worship and deserves to be obeyed, he's more self interested than most humans.
Sat 02/07/05 at 12:56
Regular
munn wrote:
>> Strafio wrote
>> But why would God punish?
>
> Because he gets a bit annoyed when people don't do what they told him
> to do.

The God of love gave us free will so he'd have an excuse to get angry when we don't do what he says?
That makes him sound like a spoilt kid.
This is someone who is supposed to be perfect.

> [Warning, the next sentence may offend people who get offended by
> just about everything]
>
> Maybe he caused that Tsunami last year on purpose because they
> weren't all worshipping him.
>
> Who knows?

I don't believe God punishes, but I reckon he tests people...
Allows disaster to happen because it challenges us to become stronger.
The thing is, with the cost of life involved, I can't believe that he decided to send all those "non-believers" to a certain hell, rather than give them more life to repent.

Judgement just doesn't add up...
Sat 02/07/05 at 08:00
Regular
I said so.

Thus it's fact.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.