GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bloody spider!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/06/05 at 21:45
Regular
So there's a moderately sized spider on my ceiling. One Phil Jupitus would calla Class 2 in his three tier system.

I thought to myself...I'll get you you (insert blocked word)!

I picked up a piece of scrap paper, slammed it rather speedily to the position the spider was sat.

The bloody thing jumped into my hand then onto my bed somewhere. Not only did it jump me, it's waiting to strike me in my sanctuary.

Argh!

I hate arachnaphobia...
Wed 29/06/05 at 00:00
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Ms NY wrote:
> Anybody ever had a cat eat a moth? Mine *always* puke up after eating
> a moth..

My cat eats spiders. Then walks around with a couple of detached legs hanging from his mouth :)
Wed 29/06/05 at 00:15
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Ms NY wrote:
> Anybody ever had a cat eat a moth? Mine *always* puke up after eating
> a moth..

My cat once ate an enormous bee, she didn't chew it or anything. Twenty minutes later she puked it back up, wings, legs and stinger all still attached.
Wed 29/06/05 at 00:27
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
J Nash wrote:
> I don't kill insects, not for my lack of hatred of them, just because
> i don't like to see the remains.

Use a tissue. It's the answer to many of my problems.
Wed 29/06/05 at 00:29
"period drama"
I can't kill moths above a certain size because there's always proper blood and stuff ... it makes me feel bad. With spiders and buggy things it's just a squishy mess.
Wed 29/06/05 at 00:30
Regular
My wee brother smacked a wasp into next year last year with a tennis racket (racquet? I don't know.).

I'm expecting it back any day.
Wed 29/06/05 at 00:41
Regular
A medium sized light-brown coloured spider slithered down the wall behind the PC desk and finally just into the corner of my field of view.

I recoiled and pushed my chair away from the desk, darted my eyes around the room trying to remember where the bb gun was before it could escape. As I returned with the gun the spider sprinted right behind the desk out of view. Of all the places, it has to go to the one where I'm currently sat at.

I couldn't find it, so I braved sitting back down at a distance (the mouse was at arms length). I look down at the floor thinking of the chances it will run out from underneath the desk. Sod's law goes and says the spider runs out at that very moment and scares the bejeezus out of me, and that law can't be argued with.

Dad says it was more scared of me and all that crap. After two direct bull-charges at me with full intent, I doubt that was true.

I never found it again.

The worst thing about it is that I live in the loft (it's massive and has been done out - the prime room to have in this house), and that means that there are hundreds of spiders bigger than that behind each wood panel lining the room, they just haven't figured out how to get out yet.

My remedy is keeping the lights turned off - what I can't see I can't have a heart attack over.
Wed 29/06/05 at 00:50
Regular
"The Red Shift"
God. Another "Spiderz!!1!1!1" thread.

Admitedly they're not my most chumly of creatures, but it's not too hard to deal with them.

I however like moths flittering around.
Wed 29/06/05 at 01:00
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
munn wrote:
> My wee brother smacked a wasp into next year last year with a tennis
> racket (racquet? I don't know.).
>
> I'm expecting it back any day.

Damn that second paragraph, I was just about to make a comical aside.
Wed 29/06/05 at 10:16
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Ms NY wrote:

> Lotta daddy-long-legs around lately too. Love them.
> Um.. what's the real name for a daddy-long-legs?!

Crane fly.

I had a menagerie of insects in the bathroom on Monday night. Baby moth, the tiniest spider I've ever seen and a fly. I just left them to it. Don't know what happened to the spider or the fly but the poor moth was dead next day :(
Wed 29/06/05 at 11:45
Regular
I was in the shower to today and saw a spider on the shower screen so I drew a circle around in out of soap and watched him try and climb over it. Only to slip down onto the dry patch in the middle of the circle.

Spiders are fun.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.