GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bloody spider!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/06/05 at 21:45
Regular
So there's a moderately sized spider on my ceiling. One Phil Jupitus would calla Class 2 in his three tier system.

I thought to myself...I'll get you you (insert blocked word)!

I picked up a piece of scrap paper, slammed it rather speedily to the position the spider was sat.

The bloody thing jumped into my hand then onto my bed somewhere. Not only did it jump me, it's waiting to strike me in my sanctuary.

Argh!

I hate arachnaphobia...
Wed 29/06/05 at 20:43
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
I don't mind small spiders. Anything bigger than my little finger's nail creeps me out.

Hate wasps/bees/hornets. Never been stung, that's the worst thing.
Wed 29/06/05 at 20:00
But most aren't poisonous to harm you.
Wed 29/06/05 at 19:57
Regular
Tphi wrote:
> You're all a bunch of spider-murdering pussys. Especially Alfonse.
>
> But yeh.. moths.. *cowers*

You're a spastic. I never even said I have killed a spider. And moths? They can't even harm you for heavens sake. And yes spiders can. All spiders are poisonous.
Wed 29/06/05 at 16:47
Regular
I remember back when I was little, I went to get a ball that had gone into some long grass. When I parted the grass, there was this massive ugly Wolf spider sitting there carrying an eggsac.

I never did go back for that ball.

The ones I normally see in my house have rather pointy abdomens, and a rounded front bodypart/head. They don't normally seem that big (but to me they're big enough) but I have seen a few whoppers that have needed vacuum action to get rid of them.

There's a harvestman spider in my livingroom on the inside windowframe. That one can live if it stays there.
Wed 29/06/05 at 14:53
Regular
JC941* wrote:
> It's these ones that I hate.
>
> [URL]http://www.royalalbertamuseum.ca/natural/insects/bugsfaq/hsspider.htm[/URL]

thats the one i squashed with a golf club, *shudders* hate the git, can still remember the crunch it made
Wed 29/06/05 at 14:34
Regular
"hit the road jack"
It's these ones that I hate.

[URL]http://www.royalalbertamuseum.ca/natural/insects/bugsfaq/hsspider.htm[/URL]

Yet I don't think I would mind a tarantula in my hand.

EDIT. And these ones in the garden from August that just sit in the middle of their web all day.

[URL]http://www.nwspiders.org/araneus.diadematus.html[/URL]
Wed 29/06/05 at 13:00
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I got bitten by some bug about a week ago on my left calf..

.. it just goes red and the skin goes quite hard and itchy. nothing bad, just annoying. All fine now...

Bloody insects. Why can't every animal be as cool as a lion or a Blue whale.

Something with a bit of presence!
Wed 29/06/05 at 12:51
"period drama"
Click on the 'more' bit and read the truth.
Very non-venomous, very non-fast, non-loud and non-jumpy.

But sill quite massive.

As if in response to this topic ... I was in bed last night and could hear a mosquito buzzing around the place as they tend to do. So I reached down to my desk (I've got a high bed with a desk and cupboard underneath cos my room's so goddamn tiny) and pulled my light up to find and kill the bast.

Only when I switched the light on, there wasn't a mosquito in sight, only a rather large spider legging it across the wall. Made me jump to say the least - and jumping isn't recommended on a high bed.

I've never seen a spider like it before - it was almost luminous red, with a big pointy ass bit. If it didn't have 8 legs, I would have said it was a super-sized red ant.

Needless to say I squished that git good for almost making me fall out of bed. Never found that mosquito, though, just woke with two massive bites on me.
Wed 29/06/05 at 12:00
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
You lot are a bunch of big girls blouses. They are only common house spiders. What the hell would you lot be like in australia or somewhere they have spiders the size of your face?

[URL]http://www.limbicnutrition.com/blog/archives/025758.html[/URL]
Wed 29/06/05 at 11:45
Regular
I was in the shower to today and saw a spider on the shower screen so I drew a circle around in out of soap and watched him try and climb over it. Only to slip down onto the dry patch in the middle of the circle.

Spiders are fun.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.