GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I felt really uncomfortable earlier"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/06/05 at 17:28
I was walking along and there was this crippity crip in an electric wheelchair being guided along across the grass.

At this point I jumped over the small wall and ran across the grass, and we made direct eye contact as we passed.
Their face seemed to be full of envy at my;

walking
jumping
travelling across grass without getting stuck

:' [
Tue 28/06/05 at 00:27
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Plus the fact that I'm getting my car converted so I can drive it using a joystick ...
Tue 28/06/05 at 00:38
Regular
OK, I'm assuming that's sarcasm first of all.

Why? What did I say?
Tue 28/06/05 at 00:43
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I was talking to a disabled bloke in work the other day. He was going about 0.01mph hour and looked very weak.

So I was all like!!!! " Dinnae want tae be rude pal but I can give ye a hand if ye waant "

And he was all!!! " Aye, cheers pal "

So I went and got everything he wanted and took him back to his ward.

I was all " nae danger big man
He was all " cheers man, it took 20 minutes tae get doon there "

Yeah, I turn into a true Glaswegian when I meet another one.
Anyway... I can get over the "omg hes disabled" easy.
Tue 28/06/05 at 00:53
Regular
I thought you were gonna say that in true Glaswegian style, after you gave him the stuff he went "cheers pal" and got up and walked away.

But alas, no.

Anyway, I have no trouble with disabled people either, my best mates older brother is disabled.
All of his life, in fact.

It makes me sad to think about it, because he can't do much.

Without any walking or actual exercise he hasn't grown, he's absolutely tiny - so small in fact that he can't use the wheelchair on his own (though I think he's got an electric one now).

His minds fine though, which is good, so you can have a conversation with him no problem, but I can't for long, because I end up feeling so sorry for him becaue he'll never expereince running around playing hidey, tig, climbing up trees, running around in rivers or even go swimming.

It's people like him that make me hope there's a heaven for him to go to when he dies.
Tue 28/06/05 at 17:49
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Timmargh wrote:
> Oh, I get it. Someone would probably be thinking "Mustn't make
> crip joke."
and he, you know, swapped it round.
>
> 4/10 - see me.

I thought the point was he was trying not to make a chip joke, and then you made it anyway.
Tue 28/06/05 at 17:52
Regular
"Twenty quid."
munn wrote:
> OK, I'm assuming that's sarcasm first of all.
> Why? What did I say?

No need to get paranoid! It went like this:

munn wrote:
> ... You know that in 15 years time, instead of having a wheel chair, you'll have a hover chair,
> yet you'll still get all teh good parking spaces.

Timmargh wrote:
> Plus the fact that I'm getting my car converted so I can drive it using a joystick ...
Tue 28/06/05 at 18:21
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I used to work at a research plant, half of it was labs, half was ongoing construction. One day I was walking past someone, he turned, and as his face came into view he only had one eye! That was proper scary - I imagine he did it before lunch with a nailgun.
Tue 28/06/05 at 19:14
"period drama"
There was a great advert on Tarrant on TV last night about disabled people.

"This man is disabled. But above all, he's an åsshole."

Something like that.

Which is good ... because I got some hassle once for calling this girl in my class a stuck-up b!tch, which she was and then some. She was also in a wheelchair, and apparently I shouldn't say such things because of it.
Tue 28/06/05 at 19:20
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I see a man sometimes with a big hole in his neck, which he breathes through, and he has no throat. Freaks me out, but he seems nice.
Tue 28/06/05 at 19:50
Regular
Timmargh wrote:
> munn wrote:
> OK, I'm assuming that's sarcasm first of all.
> Why? What did I say?
>
> No need to get paranoid! It went like this:
>
> munn wrote:
> ... You know that in 15 years time, instead of having a wheel chair,
> you'll have a hover chair,
> yet you'll still get all teh good parking spaces.
>
> Timmargh wrote:
> Plus the fact that I'm getting my car converted so I can drive it
> using a joystick ...

I still don't get it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.