GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grades for Uni"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/06/05 at 17:47
Regular
"SOUP!"
I've already been allocated a room and made deposits, yada yada yada for my uni - but my place is based on me getting BBB grades.

I've already got an A in media and arent at all worries about English, but if I failed to get a B in history do you think they'd be likely to offer me a place anyway or would they bothered revsersing all of the uni stuff and throwing me out on my ear?

Also, A-level history courses are too big. There's too much stuff to learn capably.
Sat 18/06/05 at 20:08
Regular
"bot"
pfft...you call that optimistic? :' }
Sat 18/06/05 at 20:15
Regular
"the burning sky"
Well it is really, should easily get A's in all but Physics, the subject I loathe...

Edit: If I had known Further Maths was going to be as easy as it has been this year, I would have dropped Physics in an instant at the end of AS.
Sat 18/06/05 at 20:17
Regular
"bot"
txt is always fails up!
I'll be disappointed if I don't get straight As.
Sat 18/06/05 at 20:21
Regular
"the burning sky"
Memorandum! wrote:
> txt is always fails up!
> I'll be disappointed if I don't get straight As.

I'll be slightly disappointed if I dont get an A in Physics, but in the end, I have my place in Uni, and will have done miles better than the majority of half-wits that make up our sixth form. I didnt get 'Brains of the Year' for nothing you know :P
Sat 18/06/05 at 20:21
Regular
"the burning sky"
Memorandum! wrote:

What?
Sat 18/06/05 at 20:26
Regular
"bot"
Hahaha, some gimp in General Chat said it in a nonsensical topic.
At the school prize night back in September I didn't get anything, yet a few other people who got AABB at AS got awards...go figure... So no 'Brains of the Year' for me.
Sat 18/06/05 at 20:29
Regular
Memorandum! wrote:
> why on earth do you have 14 exams? Are you repeating modules?

Sort of.
Last year I took, French, Chemistry, Biology and Physics and I got AAAC, with the C in French. Dropped that and picked up an AS in Maths. Everything was going well, i was going to university to study medicine, as is my ambition. Unfortunately the med schools had loads of aplicants this year because of the new tuition fees coming in, no one wanted to take a gap year beacuase then they would have to pay so so much more. Anyhoo, they were looking for something to narrow down the number of applicants and work experience was a deciding factor. I had only minimal official work experiance, but i had helped old and disabled people wehn i went with them to Lourdes in france. I thought this would be a good thing to talk about at the interview.

This is what manchester replied:
Candidate Name: Philip Noonan
TOPIC TOTAL SCORE

a] Reasons for choosing /changing to medicine 17/20

b] Work experience 0/10

c] General knowledge of healthcare 3/10

d] Interests/hobbies/sport 5/10

e] Determination/Conscientiousness 7/10

f] Communication skills 8/10

g] Team work 7/10

h] Intellectual potential 20/20

TOTAL SCORE - 67 /100

Threshold for rejection = 77 and below

This was all taken from a personal statement, that I was told by my 6th form that it was the best personal statement they had seen and if I dont get a place, something is wrong.
Hummm
I didnt get a place. I got rejected from all 4 of my choices, and this happened around the jan exams. So i was pretty messed up while taking them. So thats where my retakes come from, which im taking 4.

But there is a happy ending. I decided to screw medicine, well at least for the time being. I emailed manchester physics department and they said:

"I have obtained a copy of your UCAS form from the Medical School here,
and can tell you that if you were to apply to do one of our Physics
programmes, we would immediately give you a conditional offer based on
ABB in your 3 A-levels and an A grade in AS maths."

And whats more if I get 3 A grades they will give me a grant worth £1500.
I still want to become a doctor, I'm just planning on studying medicine as a post-grad.
Fun Fun Fun
Sat 18/06/05 at 20:31
Regular
Tomm wrote:
> Memorandum! wrote:
> I'll be disappointed if I don't get straight As.
>
> I'll be slightly disappointed if I dont get an A in Physics, but in
> the end, I have my place in Uni, and will have done miles better than
> the majority of half-wits that make up our sixth form. I didnt get
> 'Brains of the Year' for nothing you know :P

Yep but i got best dressed of the year, and thats way more important heh.
Sat 18/06/05 at 20:34
Regular
"the burning sky"
nova prospekt wrote:
> Yep but i got best dressed of the year, and thats way more important
> heh.

Come-on tell the people what your award, "Stickest Dressed Male" :p
Sat 18/06/05 at 20:36
Regular
"bot"
nova prospekt wrote:
> Unfortunately the med schools had loads
> of aplicants this year because of the new tuition fees coming in, no
> one wanted to take a gap year beacuase then they would have to pay so
> so much more.

Lots of people think that, but on the form I read it said that if you had a deferred 2005 offer you'd be charged the same as a 2005 entry student...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.