GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fun things to do in an exam"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/06/05 at 15:35
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
1) the exam itself.
2) watch for invigilator games (like invigilator chicken)

so that'll be it then, who else be doin exams here?
Mon 13/06/05 at 17:52
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Even if you get the exact mark, it's not always the number you actually picked up in the exam - sometimes they scale the marks up or down to fit better with the course. Last year I had an exam worth 90 marks, which was then scaled up to 120 to make the total marks for the course 600. For example.
Mon 13/06/05 at 17:51
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
My friend tried holding his breath in the biology exam (which I messed up). 110 seconds or something like that, he said he held his breath for.

God knows what the examiners must have thought. Well, there's the RP/RE exam tomorrow, that should be easy.

And I spent my study leave watching SW: Episode III. It was worth it.
Fri 10/06/05 at 22:08
Regular
"bot"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Don't you always get given the raw marks on your results sheet?
> I sure you do - with most subjects anyway.

Nope, those are UMS marks.
AQA and Edexcel definitely only show UMS. CCEA (NI board) have both. Dunno about OCR.
Fri 10/06/05 at 21:39
Not in Scotland
Fri 10/06/05 at 21:38
"period drama"
Don't you always get given the raw marks on your results sheet?
I sure you do - with most subjects anyway.

I always seem to get full marks for English - I did last year for AS Language, and on my GCSE exams I got it for both Lang and Lit. But I came out the Lit exam and knew I'd totally pwned it anyway, so that was nice.
Fri 10/06/05 at 19:58
Regular
"bot"
JFH wrote:
> down wrote:
> You get told what marks you get?
>
> I think they do tell people that get 100%.

At AS/A-Level you get told your UMS marks, yeah.
The CCEA exam board gives the Raw marks as well. You can get full UMS without full Raw marks because of the scaling. I got 59/60 raw in a History exam but 90/90 UMS and someone else in my class got 51/60 and got 89/90. The system is cool in a way, but means that geniuses like me don't get rewarded properly.

:' }
Fri 10/06/05 at 19:56
Regular
"You've upset me"
I accidentally punned quite nastily today, speaking about the tsunami I used the phrase a "flood of donations". Didn't notice until I read through after I'd finished and quickly added a "no pun intended" asterisk.
Fri 10/06/05 at 19:55
I remember an english question once where something - either the paragraph you had to analyse or the question itself - was phrased using "one"

So I basically ripped the pish as much as possible and started rambling on in a pretentious manner

"After much deliberating over this particular question, one has come to the conclusion..." etc
Fri 10/06/05 at 19:53
Regular
I'd always try and throw a joke or two into my English paper just to make the markers smile.
Fri 10/06/05 at 19:52
"period drama"
gamesfreak wrote:
> Back when I was at school, in my GCSE ICT exam, I remember writing on
> my paper complaining about the poor English they had used.
>
> It made me smile, knowing that someone would read that and get mad
> about it

I've done that a few times - I think it was all with IT or Computing exams as well. They always phrase the questions terribly.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.