GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"According to my brother"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/10/04 at 22:07
Regular
Who spent his lunch break playing it (works in Game), Halo 2 is excellent.

It still doesn't do anything new or special, it's just a very well made FPS, and the level design is no longer sh|t.

The guns feel better and the sequence of knocking someone off a Ghost and stealing it is excellent, although I can't help but feel that when you're seeing the same animation for the 100th time you probably won't care anymore.

Most people know my main problems with the first were level design and the crappy enemies, apparently at least one of these has been sorted out so fingers crossed for the other one.
Sat 30/10/04 at 23:07
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> That's the only thing plasma grenades were good for - human ones
> exploded so much quicker I just used them, as the bad guys could just
> stroll away from the Covenant ones.

Nah, Plasma were betters. All you had to do was run straight up to something and stick the grenade on it, then it's only a matter of time.
Sat 30/10/04 at 23:36
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Meh, most of Halo wasn't as good as people blared about.

Especially the grass. LOOK, YOU CAN SEE THE BLADES! Why? Because it's a massive texture map of grass....................

Ahhh, I remember those arguments......
Sat 30/10/04 at 23:42
Regular
A lot of the stuff I've heard about the sequel's the same though.

"YOU CAN USE 2 WEAPONS AT THE SAME TIME, ITZ CALLED DUAL WIELDING AND ITZ AMAZING!11!1"

Errrrr....I did that in Goldeneye.
Sat 30/10/04 at 23:44
Regular
Halo for me was very good, but the repition in all the levels got on my bloody nipples.

Everywhere in a level looked the same. And in levels like Assault on the control Room you would pass through the same looking purple area again and again and again...

Plus, there weren't enough guns or variety in enemies. But Halo succeeded because it was a simple, well-worked FPS.

I'm glad to hear they've sorted out the levels in Halo 2. Hopefully they'll add more types of alien and weapons.
Sat 30/10/04 at 23:44
Regular
"\\"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> A lot of the stuff I've heard about the sequel's the same though.
>
> "YOU CAN USE 2 WEAPONS AT THE SAME TIME, ITZ CALLED DUAL
> WIELDING AND ITZ AMAZING!11!1"
>
> Errrrr....I did that in Goldeneye.

With two different guns?

Ha!

You so just got pwned.
Sat 30/10/04 at 23:45
Regular
Ahh Goldeneye

Remember the Jungle, when you killed Xenia?

Grenade Launcher and RP-C90 machine gun

Mmmmmm.....
Sat 30/10/04 at 23:46
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> A lot of the stuff I've heard about the sequel's the same though.
>
> "YOU CAN USE 2 WEAPONS AT THE SAME TIME, ITZ CALLED DUAL
> WIELDING AND ITZ AMAZING!11!1"
>
> Errrrr....I did that in Goldeneye.

There is a slight difference, in that you can hold two different guns and fire them independantly, but yes, it's rather unimpressive. Like San Andreas, the most impressive thing about Halo 2 I reckon is the expansion in size....and Live......and the aesthetics.

Best thing is Goldeneye: Rogue Agent is blaring about its 'Revolutionary Dual Wielding system'. Hah!
Sat 30/10/04 at 23:47
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Apple Crumble wrote:
> Ahh Goldeneye
>
> Remember the Jungle, when you killed Xenia?
>
> Grenade Launcher and RP-C90 machine gun
>
> Mmmmmm.....

True, I forgot that.

Legendary.

Double RCP90/Infinite Ammo, Agent difficulty, on a level with respawning baddies. Bliss.

I preferred the RCP-120 in PD though. Quality gun.
Sat 30/10/04 at 23:48
Regular
I really can't see Rouge Agent working.

Ye, they're blabbering on about being a bad guy and stuff. But will it feel like a Bond game then?

And EA are doing it...

*sighs*
Sat 30/10/04 at 23:50
Regular
Oh yeah Cyclone, PD had some totally awesome guns.

It's funny really how PD was a much better FPS than Goldeneye, but due to Goldenye's sheer simplicity and addictive gaemplay it comes out on top.

PD was 'the nuts' though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.