GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"According to my brother"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/10/04 at 22:07
Regular
Who spent his lunch break playing it (works in Game), Halo 2 is excellent.

It still doesn't do anything new or special, it's just a very well made FPS, and the level design is no longer sh|t.

The guns feel better and the sequence of knocking someone off a Ghost and stealing it is excellent, although I can't help but feel that when you're seeing the same animation for the 100th time you probably won't care anymore.

Most people know my main problems with the first were level design and the crappy enemies, apparently at least one of these has been sorted out so fingers crossed for the other one.
Sat 30/10/04 at 22:07
Regular
Who spent his lunch break playing it (works in Game), Halo 2 is excellent.

It still doesn't do anything new or special, it's just a very well made FPS, and the level design is no longer sh|t.

The guns feel better and the sequence of knocking someone off a Ghost and stealing it is excellent, although I can't help but feel that when you're seeing the same animation for the 100th time you probably won't care anymore.

Most people know my main problems with the first were level design and the crappy enemies, apparently at least one of these has been sorted out so fingers crossed for the other one.
Sat 30/10/04 at 22:36
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I reckon the crappy enemies one's still there. They're just not very scary. Or dangerous really.

Especially the Flood. They were awful. Balloons with evil intent.

Great story, shame about the enemies.
Sat 30/10/04 at 22:48
Regular
I liked the Covernant, it was jus**t those s**tupid mushroom things that sucked ass. All that build up and then a sh*t load of Mario World rejects flooded the room.

Though it's good to hear that they may have fixed the monotonous level design.
Sat 30/10/04 at 22:53
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Indeed - have been playing it on co-op with my brother, and it really boiled down to 'Canyon level 1 or 2? Snow level 1 or 2?'

And avoiding the Library altogether......
Sat 30/10/04 at 22:57
Regular
The only enemy I liked was the Elites, I think that's right anyway. The human sized ones with the energy shield.
Sat 30/10/04 at 22:59
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The big Covenant guys were okay - the shield ones and the mega ones that had orange blood.

The smaller grunts and jackly things were crap.
Sat 30/10/04 at 23:01
Regular
The small things made me laugh.

Nothing like twating a plasma grenade at their head, then watching as he runs off with it attached to his head and takes out another 3 guys with the blast.
Sat 30/10/04 at 23:05
Regular
"gsybe you!"
That's the only thing plasma grenades were good for - human ones exploded so much quicker I just used them, as the bad guys could just stroll away from the Covenant ones.
Sat 30/10/04 at 23:05
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Do the tedious flood return in the sequel?
Sat 30/10/04 at 23:06
Regular
Actually, the ones with the circle energy shield they hold, and the ones with the force field shield, those are the good ones.

The massive ones that fire the green balls and charge at you were rubbish, as were the grunts and all of the flood.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.