GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How can I break my Xbox?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/06/05 at 22:52
Regular
Without any visible damage to the shell? It's just it needs to be faulty for me to get a new one with a Samsung drive.

End.
Thu 16/06/05 at 15:08
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
If it buggers up on GR2 then it’s already broken???
Wed 15/06/05 at 21:55
Regular
Do what i did to my brother's n64, spill coffee all over it.
Thu 09/06/05 at 22:45
Regular
"Remember me?"
Shot put... XBOX STYLEE!!!
Thu 09/06/05 at 22:44
"possibly impossible"
I changed a mate's drive because the old one was faulty (another Thompson drive) and it took about 20 minutes, including removing the case. Easy job and cost about £35 from Ebay.

Mine broke down inside the warranty so the nice people at Microsoft changed it. Might be going again though, a lot of the FMV in my games is skipping, but then it might just need cleaning.

That's the other thing - have you actually used a DVD cleaner disc to try to clean it? It could possibly just be that the lens is dirty...
Thu 09/06/05 at 21:48
Regular
This thread gets better and better.
Thu 09/06/05 at 21:27
Regular
"Da num.01 rapper"
what do you mean breaking your xbox then install samsung driver?
Just open xbox console and sell the driver.
Thu 09/06/05 at 21:12
Regular
Take a p!ss up the ethernet port.
Thu 09/06/05 at 21:01
Just drop it.
Thu 09/06/05 at 21:00
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Hit it. It'll probably dislodge something inside. Those Xbox's look like sturdy things so I shouldn't imagine you'll put your fist through it if you're careful.
Thu 09/06/05 at 20:47
Regular
"Once isn't enough!"
If the drive only "buggers up" on GR2, have you actually considered that it might be the game disc that has a problem? I'd try GR2 on a mates XBox, and then:

1) If it works, you have a faulty XBox...take it back (and probably get one with the same drive model)
2) If it doesn't work, your XBox is fine, and the game is faulty. Get the game swapped.

If you really are depserate for a Samsung drive (only people I know who would want to swap are game-pirates *sigh*), just hook the XBox up to a ciruit-breaker, and while it is on and you are wearing rubber-gloves, drop water inside until it goes bang. Let it dry, check that it's bust, and get it swapped. Simple.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.