GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tomorrow afternoon I leave for Amsterdam"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/06/05 at 21:08
Regular
For 4 days. Had so many opportunities to go but had to turn them down, mainly due to being financially embarrassed or having unavoidable student exams. Myself and 4 other decent people are jumping on a plane at 3pm tomorrow.

Needless to say I'm very much looking forward to it, I'm not above most of the sordid activities you envision and am sure to spend a fortune. Got a nice 5 bedroom apartment with all mod cons, for those nights where our third eyes are 'squee-geed' to a flawless shine. Even a nice Jacuzzi is included which I hope to claim as my own.

Is this post to gloat? Most likely. I can turn it into a question though - who here has been (without their parents, girlfriends or pets), and which bars/cafes/miscellaneous locations do you most highly recommend? Omit no detail, however depraved.

Time to have a bath, then pack before a couple of frosty ones.
Sun 12/06/05 at 19:46
Regular
Yeah, somehow I can't see it working here. Apart from nearly being took out by several 'silent killer' cyclists, it seems to be a great idea. Not nearly as many cars, although quite a lot of trams. And don't expect anyone to stop for you should you float into the road during your stay.
Sun 12/06/05 at 19:17
Regular
"bit of a brain"
you know in amsterdam they have a cyclic bi-cycling system, where you just take the nearest bike and ride it around, leaving it on the street whenever you're done, and then someone else can take it and ride it off, and when you need another one someone else will have just left it close enough. Well they should anyway.
Sun 12/06/05 at 18:51
Regular
It made me laugh too. I couldn't tell you what I was laughing about though.
Sun 12/06/05 at 18:36
Regular
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> mushy brew

Haha.

Sorry, this made me laugh.
Sun 12/06/05 at 18:30
Regular
gamesfreak wrote:

> Notice how they avoid just calling it "cannabis".
>
> Unless I'm mistaken, that is the only "soft drug" they sell
> isn't it? Unless they do mushrooms as well?

Yes, Mushrooms can be bought in Smart Shops. Had a mushy brew on Thursday night, was a mad night I can tell you. Naturally we stayed in the apartment, it is hard enough finding your way around the streets when you've had a few J's.

Didn't go to Anne Franks house, nor rode a bike. Couldn't really care less about Anne Frank and the bikes looked like death traps. They all look about 20 years old and as I'm not proficient in Netherlands road safety, I feared I may be pulled under a tram.
Sun 12/06/05 at 16:46
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I like how they actively promote openly commiting crimes
Sun 12/06/05 at 16:37
Regular
I love the official Amsterdam tourist board site.

A coffee shop can best be described as a café, which does not sell alcoholic beverages, and in which, under certain circumstances, soft drugs may be sold. Although the sale of soft drugs is an offence, low priority is given to the prosecution of coffee shop owners, provided they sell small quantities

Notice how they avoid just calling it "cannabis".

Unless I'm mistaken, that is the only "soft drug" they sell isn't it? Unless they do mushrooms as well?
Sun 12/06/05 at 16:03
Regular
"bit of a brain"
did you ride any bikes?
Did you visit Anne Frank's house? What do you mean no!
Sun 12/06/05 at 16:01
Regular
Ah, got back last night. Still feeling quite overwhelmed by it all. One thing's for sure, I'll be returning there as soon as I have a bit of cash to throw about.

Spent most of the time doing the classic drug tourist thing of visiting as many coffee-shops as we could find. Got through quite a lot, but Amsterdam smoke blows your mind. Stumbled back to the apartment on the first night, which was no problem as the apartment was huge and had everything you could possibly need. Jacuzzi, Roof Terrace, Internet Access, Cable TV, DVD player, fully fitted kitchen, more beds and couches we could possibly use. It was located opposite Picasso Coffee Shop on Haarlemmerstraat, for those who've been there. Following nights were spent doing much the same, throughout the town.

Did eventually manage to have a look at the Red Light District, only it was through the day, so didn't see as much as I would have liked to, if you know what I mean. Weather was quality, baking hot for two days, then cool and overcast.

What made an impression on me most was the multi-cultured nature of it all. Far more mature and well balanced than our paranoid population. There is a lot of crime but I never felt threatened by it, people just seem a little more out-going over there. Maybe it's because they spend less time worrying about victoria beckhams new slimming tips and more time riding their bikes around. A mad place to visit, and I'm definitely going back.
Thu 09/06/05 at 15:31
Regular
It has nice cheese. And diamonds.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.